jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Incoming Links

1. lorlie6 profile image83
    lorlie6posted 4 years ago

What the hay is an 'incoming link'?  I know this is an old question, but I want some! smile  How do I get them?  How do they work?  How do I go about getting incoming links?  How do I ask for them?  Who do I ask?

Etc., etc.

smilesmile

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Incoming links are backlinks. smile

1. lorlie6 profile image83
      lorlie6posted 4 years ago in reply to this

And what are backlinks, pray tell?  I am terribly confused; you'd think I would have figured this out after more than 2 years! hmm

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Backlinks are any link from another page to yours. They can come from anywhere - other hubbers, websites, forums.... you can create them or other people can. Google judges your pages value partly based on the number of backlinks.

I wrote a hub on backlinks if you need further info. smile

1. mary615 profile image93
          mary615posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm on my way right now to read your article, WryLilt.  I've always wanted to know this (but was too embarrassed to ask after a year).  Really, I knew what backink was, but not incoming links.  Wonder if that's the same thing?  Guess I'll find out when I read your article, huh?

2. mary615 profile image93
          mary615posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Your Hubs should be required reading for all new Hubbers.  I learned a lot.  I saved your Hubs.  Thanks and have a great day.

1. WryLilt profile image86
            WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. And yes, backlinks and incoming links are the same thing. There are a few names for them.

working