Copying Site... Beware

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 208 discussions (656 posts)
  1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 12 years ago

Check for your articles at this place...

http://entertainment.bigezine.com

I have mailed them in no uncertain terms.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Tip for the future Mark - always leave some spaces in the URL so it doesn't become a hyperlink. Otherwise you're giving the site free backlinks -and I know you don't want to do these b@#$$%^& any favours.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
        lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He can still edit it smile

2. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thx Marisa - I wanted to make it easy for hubbers to check, hopefully it will be gone soon..

2. rlbert00 profile image75
      rlbert00posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Found four of my articles copied at that site thus far. Thank you for the head's up.

1. jpcmc profile image89
        jpcmcposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What would be a easier way to check if I have some of my articles are there?

1. oceansnsunsets profile image83
          oceansnsunsetsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Look in the category there, of whatever your most recent hubs are.  For instance, I looked in holidays, and found all my recent Easter hubs.  I am very upset.

1. PhoenixV profile image62
            PhoenixVposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I found at least one of my hubs there without hardly even trying.

Hub Stolen BY - http://bigezine.com/profile/roy-stillman-198

All their articles look like a random assortment, I am guessing probably all are stolen.

I dont know how to report, but I hope Hubpages owners sue cr*p outa them.

3. rlbert00 profile image75

One of the "authors" that copied my work has a article titled "Copyright Protects Your Creativity"

1. stephhicks68 profile image86
        stephhicks68posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh, the irony!  wink

1. rlbert00 profile image75

Indeed.

1. kittythedreamer profile image75
            kittythedreamerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just found one of my hubs copied there too! How frustrating!

4. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I just found quite a few hubs there, I have alerted some people about their hubs.

This person steals the hubs the same day they are published!

5. Kadmiels profile image50
      Kadmielsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

i have not seen any of my work yet but i have sent concerns via email to the trademark commisions  that have been listed. I feel that any violation to a hubber is a refelction on the entire site and that material should be protected

6. justateacher profile image84
      justateacherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I just discovered that another woman from this site stole one of my poems....word for word even used my pictures and captions!!! Couldn't believe it! I sent several comments to her to tell her that she needs to remove anything that she didn't write herself. All of us who have content stolen should get together and sue the pants off of all the people involved in this site and the "authors" who steal from others!!

It's not a real person.  This site steals Hubs by scraping a feed of ALL new Hubs from HubPages as they are published.  They then randomly apply a fictitious author name to it. 

So there is no point sending emails to the author, she doesn't exist.  Report through Google Webmaster tools instead.

7. ananceleste profile image60
      anancelesteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't know what else to do. So far they have copied 13 of my hubs. I want to file a complain but, should I include all the hubs in one complain or individually?  Should I stop writing all together? I don't think that an immediate solution will be found.

1. TheInspiredLife profile image69
        TheInspiredLifeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you read back through this thread, you will find the URL for google webmaster tools where you can file your DMCA report. You will be able to file a report for each of your stolen pages at once, but they go separate...you will understand when you get there. I don't have time to go back through the thread and find the URL, but it is here.

Some are continuing to write and publish hubs, many are holding off. It is believed hubs are being grabbed by this site right when they are published, so it doesn't make sense to me to continue publishing hubs...when they have a good chance of being copied as well. I am holding off until something is done about this site. I don't have time to keep writing and then filing more DMCA reports as the new hubs are copied!

1. ananceleste profile image60
          anancelesteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are right. there is no point...Thanks!

2. gqgirl profile image65
          gqgirlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Very true! But I can't afford to not publish either.... no win situation!

8. gqgirl profile image65
      gqgirlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just recently had this happen to me! I emailed them a week ago almost and still have not heard back from them!

They're not going to be replying back to you.

9. cloverleaffarm profile image68
      cloverleaffarmposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Looks as if the site has been shut down. You can still get to their main page, but if you click on any article, it takes you to a page that says "server cannot be found".

10. lorlie6 profile image72
      lorlie6posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I just read an article by a 'Mary Ketter' about these issues at HP and am shocked!     Ewbie, thanks a million for this info-I checked out one of my Hubs there and thankfully it was not there.  I'll keep on looking, however.
      Take care and good luck!

11. daborn7 profile image72
      daborn7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the heads up! I have not been able to reach the site, coming up blank, maybe they took it down?

1. lorlie6 profile image72

I haven't either, daborn7.  I can't find them at all any longer.  I hope they have taken the danged site down!  lol

Take good care, now,
        Laurel

2. Mark Ewbie profile image81

Here's the fake author's link.

http://bige zine.com/profile/joleen-hathaway-93

Suggest you check your articles in 'her' list.  She seems to have been very busy.

Anyone who is good at this reporting stuff, you are welcome to assist.

Thanks, very much.

1. Pamela N Red profile image83
      Pamela N Redposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Find out who their advertisers are and notify them. Google Adsense is a good one to close down sites if they are using them.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image91
      Millionaire Tipsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It looks like all of the authors are fake.  They all publish a great number of articles in one day, and their names seem fishy too.

One of the "authors" that copied some of my work goes by the name "Ruth Chris"...as in the chain of upscale steakhouses. Unreal.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85

Do people really not understand what it going on?

This site gets its content by taking a feed from HubPages. So every new Hub that is published automatically appears on their site.  They randomly apply a new author to each one when it's published.

3. Mark Ewbie profile image81

Ok, I've mailed the site, the joke piece of crap 'author' and sent a DMCA via Google.

Still worth a check if you guys are concerned.

These sites that allow copying, and these copiers make me sick.

For what it's worth - they copied my Rasta Stickman page - unique, hand drawn, piece of work by my own hand.  And some piece of shit comes along and rips it off.

1. Linda Bliss profile image86
      Linda Blissposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What a rubbish site. Haven't found any of my articles there, but I saw your Rasta stickman page - 'funny' how they copied everything except the actual hyperlink to your store!  Good luck with the DMCA...

2. Barbara Kay profile image74
      Barbara Kayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

She must be removed already. I tried the link and just got search engine results. The first one that comes up is this page.

1. oceansnsunsets profile image83
        oceansnsunsetsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I found the same to be true when I searched this link

http://bige zine.com/profile/joleen-hathaway-93

I wonder what it means, or if they just applied a new name to the old articles that "person" stole from HubPages?

4. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 12 years ago

The whole site looks spammy!

1. Cardisa profile image88

Every article on the site is stolen. They are a piece of Sh*t. I can't believe I wasted my morning on these people when I should be working! 90% of what's on the site are hubs from right here.

There is someone here on HP reading the hubs and copying them the same day they are published. Those bastards want a fine thrashing!

5. CMHypno profile image81
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

Have to say Mark that she looks like an amazingly talented lady - so many different articles, on so many subjects, written in so many different styles! smile Good luck with nailing the ......

6. mary615 profile image83
    mary615posted 12 years ago

Mark, I just checked out this gal, and she has copied your Hub for sure!  Says she joined 3/17/12.  If that's right, she has been really busy copying and pasting!  Go get her!  Good luck.  I guess she didn't think any of my Hubs worthy of copying.

7. JKenny profile image90
    JKennyposted 12 years ago

I found some of my Julius Caesar articles on there. I'm as mad as hell. Will contact the site and the 'authors'.

Thanks JK.  The more of us who mail them, report them and DMCA them - the better.

Thanks a lot.

ps. I know how mad you feel.

On a site like this, which is plagiarizing wholesale, don't waste time contacting the site OR the authors (who are all fake anyway).

Send a DMCA to Google if they have Adsense.  If they get enough complaints, the site will lose its Adsense account and will probably close down.

If they don't have Adsense, send a DMCA to their hosting company.  In this case, Citrix Systems WW Consulting Solutions.

More information about the site:

Domain Name:     bigezine.com
      Registrar:       Name.com LLC
      Expiration Date: 2012-11-08 13:31:23
      Creation Date:   2011-11-08 13:31:23
      Name Servers:
          ns1.ppanda.net
          ns2.ppanda.net
      REGISTRANT CONTACT INFO
      Submitex
      Rajat Gulati
      22/21A Tilak Nagar
      New Delhi
      New Delhi
      Delhi
      IN
      Phone:         +91.9999990627
      Email Address: rajatgulati23@gmail.com
      ADMINISTRATIVE CONTACT INFO
      Submitex
      Rajat Gulati
      22/21A Tilak Nagar
      New Delhi
      New Delhi
      Delhi

1. Susana S profile image92
        Susana Sposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just to add, you can also send a DMCA to google search if the site does not use adsense, but you do need a webmaster tools account to do so. The copied articles are removed from the search index very quickly in my experience.

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools … pli=1&

8. Sally's Trove profile image78
    Sally's Troveposted 12 years ago

Mark, thanks for the info. I haven't found any of mine there yet, but I did find more stolen from other Hubbers. I've emailed them. This is so infuriating!

1. JKenny profile image90
      JKennyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Sally. I've emailed the site and also sent strong emails to the 'authors' in question. I reckon this is why I've suffered a major dip in Google traffic. Damn those spammers, I worked really hard on those Julius Caesar Hubs.

This website has given me the IP address and the email addresses of the people involved with bigezine: http://whois.domaintools.com. Just type bigezine.com into the search engine.

2. Sally's Trove profile image78
        Sally's Troveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Here's the whois info for bigezine.com: http://www.whois.net/whois/bigezine.com

ppanda.net appears to be the ISP, and here's the contact info for filing a DMCA: http://www.protecteddomainservices.com/

I don't think you'll get anywhere emailing the site or its bogus-looking authors. sad

Ah! Thank you Sally, will do that now.

2. Gordon Hamilton profile image94
      Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Sherri. I appreciate very much the heads up. I only published that Hub yesterday! I have left a comment on the page and e-mailed the company.

I haven't a clue how to file a DMCA complaint online. Does anyone have a link if the messages don't work?

Thanks again,

Gordon

Hi Gordon, I was pretty clueless, but then I came across this link:
        http://rising.blackstar.com/how-to-send … tice.html.
        It tells you what to say and how to format it. I'm sending one now to http://www.protecteddomainservices.com/ hopefully all of our articles will be removed.

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image94

Thanks, JKenny

I've e-mailed them also.

9. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 12 years ago

That site should be banned itself! They say they have a team of editors - don't they check for plagiarism or are they part of it too?

They probably are, Brandon the whole site looks spammy. All of the 'authors' have blank avatars. I've sent a DMCA, hopefully they'll be banned soon enough.

Ya hopefully smile

2. rmcrayne profile image92
      rmcrayneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They indicated they had a vetting process.  I wondered if they are copying brand new articles, before they are indexed.  I'm probably giving too much credit. 

I don't get it.  No AdSense.  The two "authors", "Eunice Ames" has 203 articles, 135 views; "Joleen Hathaway" has 192 articles and 420 views.  Seems like they gain nothing, yet we loose.

Rmcrayne, I think that's exact;y what they are doing, stealing the hubs before they are indexed by Google. I think they have a software that's doing the work. The other day I checked and they steal about 500 article per day based on 10x50 pages.

I really hate them, I just to just do something illegal with these people.

10. Mark Ewbie profile image81

JKenny - very well done indeed, thankyou. Although I sent a DMCA via / to Google - I'm not really up on how to protect work.  Hopefully through your actions the entire site will go.

I'll mention this again, that for us authors who are not experts it would really be a help if HubPages could make this process easy to achieve.

URL of offending site, url of our page and some fancy software from HP that would do the rest - inform the relevant parties, etc.

Mark, create a new thread for it in the suggestions place.

There's no point.  This suggestion has been made multiple times, and not acted upon.

Oh in the 6 months that I was here I've seen it only once smile

I remember fairly frank exchanges between certain experienced Hubbers and HP themselves about this issue.  Essentially the attitude is it's our content so up to us to protect it.

I can understand that but... with all the brilliant software they have, for recipes and so on (trying not to be too sarcastic here) - it would be really helpful to have a "Been Copied?" button that we could press and be guided through a simple form to kick the crap out of these plagiarising bastards.

This would benefit us and HP.

cool

2. WriteAngled profile image74
      WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There was such a system in effect. I received one alert from it on one hub, and was able to generate a DMCA notice automatically.

However, I seem to remember someone from HP staff saying at a later date that it was too expensive to operate and it was no longer going to be offered to everyone writing here, but only to the most successful (= highest earning?] authors. Not being a successful author in terms of the earning criterion, I have no idea if the "nobility" here are still getting this perk.

Yeah, I read about that a few days back.

2. Stacie L profile image87
        Stacie Lposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So if our work is not copied, then we can assume we are not good writers?
        I'm sad to think my work isn't good enough to steal..wink

3. Cardisa profile image88

I have the copied hubs thing but it has never given me any juice, not even today. So I have never seen it in action.

11. Gordon Hamilton profile image94
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years ago

I've just received a wonderfully in-depth reply from Protected Domain Services re this issue. It is far too long and in-depth to reproduce here but the most pertinent points of all the wonderful info they have given me are the phone number and e-mail address for bigezine's hosting platform.

They are:

SoftLayer Technologies, Inc
    (+1) 214-442-0605
    abuse@softlayer.com

Unfortunately, I've got to go out for a couple of hours but will be mailing them later.

Thanks for that Gordon. I got the same reply and have emailed them. I even got another useful link on how to file a DMCA. http://www.devtopics.com/how-to-file-a-dmca-complaint/ Complaint.
      Interestingly I googled the website, and apparently they have results omitted because of DMCA claims, sounds promising. Don't think they'll be around much longer.

Thanks for the link checking it out now smile

12. mary615 profile image83
    mary615posted 12 years ago

I had looked into Copyscape.  Someone mentioned them in a "how to do" Hub.  They will run a scan on your Hub to check to see if it has been copied.  There is a charge, I think .05 a scan.  I didn't do it yet, but I probably will.  They also give you a banner (?) to warn copiers that your work is protected by Copyscape.  That might stop these bad people from copying our work. They are simply copyscape.com

1. cclitgirl profile image92
      cclitgirlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's free to do the basic stuff and to use their banners.  smile

13. Judi Bee profile image90
    Judi Beeposted 12 years ago

Thanks Mark - just found my "Best Places to Visit In Cornwall" hub.  Off to file the paperwork sad

14. Judi Bee profile image90
    Judi Beeposted 12 years ago

Just found my Stalking Henry:  A Genealogical Journey hub there too.  Particularly annoying since it is a very personal family history story, with a much loved family photo included.

Oh God! Have these people no shame. They're even trying to steal identities, the sooner they're gone the better. Have you filed a DMCA to the company that Gordon provided.

1. Judi Bee profile image90
        Judi Beeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Started earlier, but got sidetracked.  Will get back on it in a moment - just finished venting my spleen via messages to site.

2. Linda Bliss profile image86

Judi - Seriously, I can't believe they stole that article and photo from you! Good luck with the paperwork. Quick question - did you manually search for all your hubs on the site or did you get an error message about duplicate content on your profile page? I've had a quick look for my hubs but luckily haven't spotted any of them (they probably didn't think they were good enough to steal, ha!)

1. Judi Bee profile image90
        Judi Beeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Linda - just found your Harry Potter Studio Tour.  I have been putting keywords from hubs - used Harry Potter cos one of my hubs includes this, found yours http:/ /travel.bigezine.com /the-brand-new-making-of-harry-potter-studio-tour-in-london-discover-hogwarts-castle-diagon-alley-and-more-140774.html.

1. Linda Bliss profile image86

Thanks so much for letting me know Judi! This is my first official internet theft, I can't believe it. I specifically contacted one of my friends who work at the new Harry Potter studio tour to get all that info in the first place, spent ages writing the article and then they just steal it.

Sigh.

Guess I'm off to report it like the rest of you guys now...

15. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 12 years ago

Some of my work is on the site, too.  The have numerous articles with words like HubPages and hubs in the titles, and fake author names listed.  I sent stern emails, but am trying to quickly learn the official complaint process.

I truly think HP should consider getting involved, because the scope of the infringements is huge.

16. TheInspiredLife profile image69
    TheInspiredLifeposted 12 years ago

I just found one of my hubs there...my most original and best hub in my opinion! I am SO mad! I will be contacting everyone I can. Mine is under a different posters name. This makes me second guess posting on HubPages.

17. TheInspiredLife profile image69

Can someone give me clues as to wording and who to contact? All I can find is the contact form on their website...how do i email the so-called author?

18. amithak50 profile image60
    amithak50posted 12 years ago

This is terrible ,They are copying my articles too ..

19. TheInspiredLife profile image69

I have just found more of my work there and they have used my images, which some are my personal pics of my children! They did leave the source and my name under those pics, but no link on them. This discourages me from posting new hubs. What is the point if they are just going to be ripped off?

20. amithak50 profile image60
    amithak50posted 12 years ago

So ,Would hubpages unpublish our articles as they will find on another site the copying one and give penality to us ..If this happens .I will loose all my hardwork

I am worried about this as well. I have not been here that long, but almost all of my hubs have been copied, including all of my pictures. I am seriously considering leaving HP. It is not worth the time to create hubs that are going to be copied for the benefit of others. I can find other ways to make far more money, so it isn't worth it if HP will not even help solve the problem.

That's life on the internet. If you post anything online, you must expect it to be copied - and it's your responsibility to catch and stop the thieves. 

HubPages is very limited legally in what it can do to help.  If HubPages discovered one of your Hubs on another site, and wrote to them to get it removed, the other site would just ignore them - legally, they're not under any obligation to remove the article unless the owner complains.  So that's why it's up to you.

I understand that and thanks for responding. It just makes me much less motivated to put any effort into hubs, since they have all been copied within a week or so of being posted. I don't have time to chase down thieves all the time! I definitely won't be using my personal pictures anymore and I probably won't bother posting my most original ideas here.

Do you think sites like HubPages are ripped off more than basic websites operated by individuals? Since they feature such a variety of topics in one place? Maybe it is time to just go with my own site.

With your own site you'll be on your own! Your hubs were copied would you ever know it if it weren't for this thread? If yes, then surely you'd be way better on your own site. But, you'll have to be good at policing as well.

This is true, and I am thinking of that. I am just wondering if sites like this are bigger targets because they compile such a variety of content. A website would have a focus in one niche, so maybe wouldn't be as easy to target.

Yes, definitely.  I have six blogs and not one of them has been plagiarized to the extent that my Hubs have.

Thieves can get far more posts, faster, by targeting a big multi-user site than by targeting an individual blog - because an individual blogger is only publishing a few new posts per week, whereas a multi-user site will be posting thousands of new posts per week.

The other advantage of your own blog is that you can (and should) put your website address and copyright notice on the photo itself - so if it's stolen, there's some chance you'll still get the credit.

However, there is a downside - it's much harder to gain readership for your own little blog, so you have to consider that as well.

Thank you for your response, it is helpful. I have been thinking about starting a website with a blog, but could not narrow down an exact niche or idea for it. I have my idea down now, so am thinking maybe that is a better way to spend my time. I am not doing it so much for the money, just to have a creative space to write freely.

I loved HubPages and will continue to hang around and read, but this was a big shock to see my work ripped off like that. It hit hardest seeing my personal pictures there! I have calmed down though smile I realize personal pics could be taken from Facebook or anywhere and some of mine are even on Pinterest...so I am okay now. Deep breathing does wonders smile

No.  This Hub explains the difference between duplicate and copied.

http://relache.hubpages.com/hub/duplicate-hub-content

21. Brainy Bunny profile image92
    Brainy Bunnyposted 12 years ago

Thanks for posting about this, everyone. I found one of my hubs had been copied on the site, too. I also just filed a DMCA complaint. Let's get these guys shut down!

22. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

I have found at least four of my hubs, but it's tedious to go through all the pages. Each of mine listed a different 'author,' and they were on different topics on the site. It looks like one may have already been removed. I'm still going through the topics.

I just searched for my titles. They did not even change the title...they copied my entire hub. All of mine are published under different names.

23. TheMagician profile image88
    TheMagicianposted 12 years ago

Looks like I'm in the same boat as you guys sad
    Just got a heads up from another HP member, otherwise I'd have never known (until my hubs began to become unpublished randomly, that is).

I'm afraid to see what other articles of mine have been copied. The author I've been stolen from goes by the name 'Shaunna Smith', and something tells me many of the other articles she's got are from HP, too!

No idea what to do next, I guess file a DMCA with Google Adsense in regards to the site? This sucks sad

I didn't see any Adsense on the site, so there's no point reporting them to Google for Adsense violations. All I could see were Amazon ads.

24. stephhicks68 profile image86
    stephhicks68posted 12 years ago

For those of us using our own images in our hubs (like me), the copyright violations extend to the photographs, as well as the writings.

25. Evylyn Rose profile image58
    Evylyn Roseposted 12 years ago

Found two of my articles under two different "authors." What's funny, is one is about the HubPages 30/30 Challenge and the other about censoring Hubs. It doesn't even make sense to post them anywhere outside of HubPages. I left comments and sent an email to the website staff. Thanks for the head's up!

I also came across a blog elsewhere that quoted one of my poems in its entirety. I usually don't mind a portion of my writing with a link back to the full poem or article, but at the very least, my name ought to be spelled correctly. -_-

26. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

Hubber Molometer had one hub stolen that includes a picture of him (his face, not just a photo he took) and they published the entire hub, complete with his photo, and his own note in the text that it was copyrighted work (with his real name).

Jackie Lynnley publishes a series about the Lonesome Whistle, and one of those is on their site, with her name in the text, because that's how she writes the stories.

Many of the hubs have text where links are supposed to be, but the links are not live.

27. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

Evelyn - yes, they have many articles posted with the words Hub, or HubPages in them, and many have references to 30/30 challenges. The amount of specific wording related to this site is amazing.

28. cclitgirl profile image92
    cclitgirlposted 12 years ago

Haha, I just found a hub on that site with my video, my original pictures and my writing all copied.  What's even more funny, is all my copyright symbols were included - so my name is all over the article.  I find that kind of funny, actually.  Not the actual copying, but that the idiots didn't even bother to remove the original copyrights I had in place on the hub.  I'm actually glad I include my copyrights all over my hubs - it makes it very easy to prove it was mine. 
    I knew when I got here and started writing that people stealing my work was a risk.  I just deal with it where I can.  neutral

29. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

Can anybody here tell me how to add the copyright symbol on a Mac?  Or a PC, for that matter?

1. TheMagician profile image88
      TheMagicianposted 12 years agoin reply to this

for Mac, hold alt+option & press G.
      for PC, I couldn't tell ya sad  They've always confused me on that!

1. SmartAndFun profile image95
        SmartAndFunposted 12 years agoin reply to this

On a PC it's alt-0169 on the number keypad, but you might have to turn on number lock to make it work. smile

Cool smile I guess I'd need to add that to my hubs too sad

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
            Marcy Goodfleischposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much for both tips, TheMagician and SmartAndFun!  I have both platforms and I need to get a guide on that or something!

30. Steele Fields profile image69
    Steele Fieldsposted 12 years ago

Hi Everybody: 

Another Hubber just gave me a heads up on this recent development and I, like you all, have become yet another victim of this scam.  Apparently some guy named "Michael Barajas" copied my poem and posted it under his own name on that same site.  I mean, this guy has more hubs written on more topics and in more styles than a schizophrenic literary prodigy on crack. 

I sent him a scathing letter, followed by another one to the site owner (info gotten from a whois search) then sent a domain compliance report...I've been at this all morning, sending letters to everyone but the Surgeon General. 

It's an outrage.  But I don't see any ads, so why are they doing this?  Who's making money on us and how does it work?

I will warn you, they are publishing the stuff the same day we publish it, so the actual time of publication will be the only way you can prove it's yours and I don't know if that info is readily available.  I did find a site called "The Internet Archive Wayback Machine," but it could not verify my posting date and time.  It did, however, take a screen shot of my URL, right then and there, for future reference.  I then went to the bogus site and took another screen shot, thus proving mine was first (I think) 

Anyway, I don't know why this has me so upset.  After all, I don't make a dime with my poetry, so tell me- how does this chump think he's going to make money with it?  I know it's not the end of the world and that no one else really cares about my stupid poems, but I feel so VIOLATED and I don't understand what the motive for this crime actually is.

To all of my fellow sufferers, I feel your pain and wish you all well in this ongoing battle against Internet thievery.

31. Cheeky Girl profile image65
    Cheeky Girlposted 12 years ago

Can I make a bold suggestion to all who have had their original content stolen and placed on this "fakery" website?

Make note of every ad you see, and contact the company advertising in it and tell them they are placing ads beside your stolen content about which DMCA complaints have been filed. Remind that company of its terms and conditions with Google Adsense to which the complaints are also being made. And follow up with complaints, this is very important.

I recently found a site that stole one of my articles and I contacted 3 advertisers after nothing was done. I even threatened legal action against the advertisers. My stolen article was then removed.

Hint - Koovs.com advertises on their pages. (Although the ad on their search results page seems like it is not a real ad as you cannot click on it and go to their Koovs website, so I wonder IS THE AD IMAGE ALSO STOLEN??? )

That might be one start. There are plenty more.

GO AFTER THEIR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes it sounds nasty but that is how you take them down.

I also recommend setting up Group on FACEBOOK and on Twitter that showcases and highlights where stolen articles from Hub authors are being published. Name and shame the copiers and their sites and their advertisers.

No business ever likes NEGATIVE PUBLICITY. Make them your business.

1. Evylyn Rose profile image58
      Evylyn Roseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Although this is great information to have, the site currently in question does not run ads. That is why we are confused about what the motive for stealing is in this case. As my articles I reported last night are still in place, I filed a DMCA with Google and the hosting company. The more of us that do this, the sooner they can take this piece of crap site down.

I'm going to be doing that tonight, as they stole one of my  newest & most personal hubs. And yeah, it's weird that they don't have ads so I'm not sure what the monetary intent is with copying.

No, no, no, please don't!   

If you create a site on Facebook and start creating links to their site, you'll be doing them a HUGE favour.  Google won't read the nasty things you're saying, they will just see all those links, think the site is great, and it will shoot up to the front page - ahead of our own Hubs.

3. Gordon Hamilton profile image94

Totally agree with Marisa. Remember the old saying from Holywood stars - there is no such thing as negative publicity! All publicity is good for people who are stealing these Hubs. They are faceless individuals with nothing to lose and everything to gain.

4. cloverleaffarm profile image68

I have only seen one ad. It is for a company in India. Could be a fake company. It is easy to make an ad. The ad is not linked.

32. Cheeky Girl profile image65
    Cheeky Girlposted 12 years ago

I think it is time for Hub Pages to become Acap-enabled. Hub Pages is now a publisher - whether it feels comfortable with this or not!

What is ACAP, you ask? Check it here.

http://the-acap.org/acap-enabled.php?mod=WSJ_footer

Lots of on-line News papers around the world use Acap.
    Thanks to Astra Nomik for sharing that. Thanks Cathy! smile

If enough web writers and hubbers are affected by illegal copying of their owned content on Hub pages that technically they do not own, then something has to change, and the relationship between Hub Pages Owners and Hub authors should be looked at. In a good way, I mean... so that both sides mutually benefit from the outcome. Otherwise we are always going to have this problem, and problems like copyright theft just puts writers off wanting to publish on that site. Can I be more blunt?

33. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

Bump - this needs to stay at the top of the list. There are tons of hubs copied on that site and hundreds of Hubbers affected.

I may be way off base here but I think the people running the site are the individuals responsible for this. All of my hubs that I've found on there have been posted by different authors, up to five now, and the copying seems to be very wide spread. What are the odds of so many different people stealing and posting copied material to the same site?

However, if that is the case, how would we prove it? And if that is the case what recourse would we have?

Since last night I was considering this. I think it may just be one person or small group of people posting under numerous aliases to try to build their site up. Apparently it's still a fairly new site, so they may be trying to get content built up before starting ads. Of course, Google Adsense won't approve a site with plagiarism so maybe they think they can get people to post their ads directly to their site instead of through programs like Adsense.

I got a response back from what I thought was the hosting company. Apparently, they are just a consulting firm and just share a similar name. I've been searching through dozens of results trying to search for the company and can't find it. Do you think the guy has his own hosting company for these kinds of websites?

34. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

Marisa posted earlier in the thread that the hosting company is Citrix Systems WW Consulting Solutions.

She also gave the registrant and administrative contact person for the site as being:
    Rajat Gulati
    22/21A Tilak Nagar
    New Delhi

I assume this Indian is using some sort of random program to generate lots of fake US-sounding names for his virtual contributors.

35. Cardisa profile image88
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

I left a scathing remark on the Big Ezine site where I found three of my articles and countless other belonging to other hubbers. I just filed a DMCA for all three articles, I can't be bothered with contacting these people. They are thieves. I encourage eveyone to file the complaints with Google so this site can be removed permanently.

Absolutely agree.  This is large scale thieving not some supposed innocent mistake.

I am hopeful that with all the action they will be gone soon.

I note that HP have not replied officially to this thread, which is a pity.

I'll just say for my part - no new hubs until this is sorted.

1. Jason Menayan profile image59
        Jason Menayanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mark - I'm surprised you've said this. In other threads that come up every now and then about this sort of topic, I've said what I've always said: we can't do anything about it, because we are not the copyright owners of your Hubs.

Illegally copying is a problem as old as the Internet (actually, far older, but with electronic media it's much easier). The only way to make sure your content is never copied is to keep your content completely private (i.e. only you can see it). That, of course, obviates any effort to get traffic and earnings from your writing.

Those who have weighed in here and in other similar threads in the past, please help out and share this Learning Center entry with others the next time a thread like this comes up:

My Content was Stolen: How to File a DMCA Complaint

Well I didn't know that page existed.

However on this occasion I will stick to my point which is that HP could have provided support and that link pretty soon after I made the first posts in this thread.

I am not very DMCA aware, or an expert in using WHOIS and so on.  Neither are a lot of other people to judge by some of the comments on this thread.

I do understand, I think, your legal position.

However, for something that really hurts the people who get copied, some of whom do not know what to do, I think it would be good if HP showed the same level of care, attention, call it what you will, that they do over the more traffic creating items such as Challenges.

Speaking frankly, I think posting a thread like this and effectively calling upon go getting experts - people like Marcy and many others to help out - is the best way forward.  It's Hubber Power or something like that.

I will try to remember the link. But I'll offer you this suggestion.  Why not put it on the menus so that it is easy to find? 

As for you being surprised.  I was surprised a while back when a Hubber speaking frankly about the copying problem was banned for it.

We come from rather different angles on this.

I was away for the weekend with no internet access, but at any rate, we don't monitor every thread. I hope that people who've been down the road before will provide the same information in the spirit of community and mutual assistance. I'm glad to hear you'll do that from now on.
            That's not true. People lie all the time about the reasons for bans.

2. Cardisa profile image88

A hub that I wrote about being violated by my fiancé was also stolen. This is a very personal experience. The hub does not have any ads on it and HP allowed the hub to remain publish because it could help someone in a similar situation. I feel so violated...again...this is ripping my heart out now. The photo I created on my computer and even my HP user name is on the article. That's four today.

Fro the second time that I have been on HP I feel like giving up. I was mad earlier but what I am feeling now, gosh.............

Okay the tears have subsided......a little............

Hi Cardisa.  It's a rotten feeling, especially on the more precious of pages.  I had all this a while ago with another site and it made me feel terrible.  There are two consolations which don't make up for being copied but they are something.

One is that this site is not outranking my conetent, and hopefully not yours either.

Two is that they are very likely to be busted quite soon thanks to the efforts of very many people in reporting, flagging, etc.

Thanks Mark, I emailed a few other people who are also filing complaints. I filed three today. I don't have the strength to file another.

Hi Cardisa.  For all the bad that this copying site has done - one thing you can be sure of is that you have genuine warmth and regard from your fellow writers here on HubPages.

This thread proves the community works, and your own experience of being here shows that there are plenty of decent people who outweigh the scum that does this.

Thanks so much Mark.

I just informed two other people. I just read a great hub and then found it quite by accident on the site. I honestly believe all the articles there are from HP. All I did was copy their title and paste it in our search and the hubs keep coming up.

2. Cardisa profile image88

@Jason, the Hubpages Hub about the HP Apprenticeship program was also stolen! So now is HP going also do something about this site?

The blog on the new recipe capsule has also been stolen. Is staff seeing this?

Back again, still finding more HP blogs and hubs, and I mean HP official blogs and hubs.

36. TheInspiredLife profile image69

I have decided not to publish anymore hubs for the time being either. I just don't see the point in doing more work that will be copied. I have unpublished all of my hubs that were not copied, so they can't be copied. I left the one that I won in the contest for, don't want to not get my contest money if I take it down...and I left the copied ones up since that is my proof they are mine. I filed DMCA for all of my hubs copied.

Don't stop posting or you just let them win. HubPages can't keep up with every thief that steals from us we just have to be on the ball and look out for one another like we are here.

37. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

This site apparently put a lot of work into finding a way to copy things almost the minute they were published, indexing them by topic, and swapping out names to add their fake 'authors' to each hub.

I hope HubPages gets involved very soon - we are all filing reports on our own, but the entire site has been ripped off, and they have far better access to (and stock with)  Google and other places.  I am filing a complaint with their host platform (if that info is accurate), and I've filed DMCAs.

1. cloverleaffarm profile image68

I don't think HP is going to do much. It sounds like they have set us afloat in the boat alone. "We'll take care of ours....
      Why are we writing here making them money again?

1. rmcrayne profile image92
        rmcrayneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This has been covered many times.  HubPages does not own our articles, so have no standing to file complaints.  They do however provide assistance as possible when contacted, and help is always available in the forums.  If there is a writing site that handles DMCAs on behalf of their writers, I'd be curious to know. 

If you harbor negative feelings toward HubPages, perhaps you should consider your other options.

1. lorlie6 profile image72

EXACTLY, rmcrayne.

38. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

Here's more contact info for Softlayer.com (their hosting service?):

SoftLayer Technologies, Inc.
    4849 Alpha Road
    Dallas, TX 75244
    Main         1-214-442-0600
    Fax    1-214-442-0601
    Fax (exec)    1-214-442-0610

Thanks for the info! Whenever I ran domain name checks, a totally different name came up for the hosting company and I couldn't find it anywhere. This relieves a big headache. smile

39. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

FYI -  I was able to get through to the host company through their sales phone line.  The regular line, as you know, has a recording.  After some insistence on my part, I was told that SoftLayer has our complaints and is following the legal steps they have to take to address it. They're in touch with the site that is copying our works and their legal department (which works closely with abuse) is on it as well.

It appears that the steps don't happen immediately - they're required to research and confirm the abuse, confirm whether or not it is indeed their client and if it is, notify the site and give them time to remove things, etc. etc.  I wasn't told details about where that stands, but I did get the impression that they're working on it ASAP and taking our complaints quite seriously.

If you have not emailed their abuse department, please do so.  This gives them additional documentation to move forward. 

Here's some other contact info for the company - but I don't know that we should pepper them with more calls just yet. I was told they may need a few days to go through the red tape.

Toll Free         1-866-398-7638
    EMail    sales@softlayer.com
    Chat    Click to Chat Now

Toll Free         1-866-403-7638
    Email    support@softlayer.com
    Portal    http://manage.softlayer.com/

For abuse, email them here:  abuse@softlayer.com  (this is the same email provided in an earlier comment).

Okay, I have sent them a message documenting my copied hubs

2. kittythedreamer profile image75

Thank you, Marcy. I have emailed abuse@softlayer.com in order to report the copyright abuse of one of my  newest articles. I have a feeling if one of mine has been copied, then there might be more out there floating about. Which really sucks.

3. No_Clue profile image64
      No_Clueposted 12 years agoin reply to this

interesting twist: I sent my DMCA complaints to www.abuse@softlayer.com and they were returned undeliverable...read to send them to copyright@softlayer.com and did so from both Yahoo and Google accounts and both were returned undeliverable...REALLY???

1. homesteadbound profile image82
        homesteadboundposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I sent mine to abuse@softlayer.com leaving off the www, and they have not returned. You might try that.

1. AEvans profile image72
          AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They haven't returned my e-mail either, which is quite frustrating. sad

There is hope however. The one out of ten that I had not submitted in the correct format was rejected. This tells me they are being read. Once I submitted in the correct format, it has not received a response back either.

40. mckbirdbks profile image80
    mckbirdbksposted 12 years ago

I did't read every post, so pardon me, if osmeone hase suggested this. Hubpages could easily watermark the title block of hub, taking away some of the incentive for the samch and grab heist of hubs to another site. I have suggested elsewhere that hub writers start there hub with a line that states this arrticle was written by 'your name' and hubtitle and copyright info. Which makes it messy to steal.

Yes, but that would decrease the SEO part as it's beneficial to place your main keyword somewhere in the start.

41. TheMagician profile image88
    TheMagicianposted 12 years ago

Just a thought since I've seen it done on other sites, but can't HubPages incorporate a sort of copy-protection for the text in our articles? I've seen it done on other websites where if you try to go and copy and paste, you're unable to. Perhaps this could help deter thieves?

It will deter some, but not all or even most. It will deter innocent copiers, not the ones who are sophisticated enough to set up their own sites.

Jason - they have also copied a hubpages hub: http:// education.bigezine.com/the-hubpages-apprenticeship-program-142077. html

lol That is funny.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image91
        Millionaire Tipsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jason, Is it possible for HubPages to use their duplicate content software to let us know when people are copying our hubs, so we can do something about them ourselves.  As it is, we are left to fend for ourselves and having to find the copycats on our own

Jason has explained (on another thread) that HubPages' duplicate filter process is expensive, so they couldn't afford to constantly check all our existing Hubs for copies.   

There is a program called Copyscape.  It's not that expensive. If you sign up for their Premium program, you can then just run all your Hubs through it every two or three months.

3. homesteadbound profile image82

Jason - I found a few more of HubPages hubs:
        http:// education.bigezine.com/the-recipe-capsules-138026.html
        http:// education.bigezine.com/tips-on-making-your-reviews-more-search-friendly-138065.html
        http:// education.bigezine.com/the-ratings-capsule-136037.html
        http:// education.bigezine.com/tips-on-writing-a-successful-recipe-hub-136038.html

42. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

Jason, has there been any discussion with HP staff about using some of the resources mentioned here that online newspapers use?   I know there are probably technical issues to consider, but just wanted to ask.

We have discussed this at length, but no technical measure will ever work. Give me any newspaper out there that you think does a great job of protecting content from being copied, and I will give you several examples of their stuff copied onto other sites.

As many freelancers will tell you, checking where your content has been copied and filing DMCA complaints is part and parcel of writing online.

43. ChristyWrites profile image80
    ChristyWritesposted 12 years ago

Thanks for the heads up and information about this aweful act of copying articles from HP. I checked my hubs and none copied so far but I will keep an eye. Thanks for the heads up here.

44. ThePracticalMommy profile image88
    ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years ago

I just found one of my hubs on the site. GRR. Filed the DCMA. While I was looking for mine, I found a ton of other family and parenting hubs copied there as well from other hubbers.

45. profile image0
    jenuboukaposted 12 years ago

I have a silly question about Google, since it is the main source of traffic for publishers on hubpages:

Does Google recognize the first original date of published content? And where does all other duplicate content fall under that? 

For instance; let's say you published an article with hubpages and it is the first link on page one, now later down the line, some ass bag decides to copy the article word for word and then post it on another site, does that hinder or alter the original article's rank or reputation? 

Has any hubber with this current problem Googled a phrase of a copied hub in quotations in the Google box? What do you see?

Hey Jen, Sometime the copied content does outrank the original but Google has been trying to fix that. That is one of the reasons that they ask authors to link their Google profiles to their author page and vice versa.

Plus, they know which content they indexed first. One of the reasons why  our hubs can be found almost immediately after being published is that Google starts to crawl your hub as soon as you create it. Their spiders tend to pick up the new content that is being created.

Plus, Hubpages has all the information about the time and date of your publication.

This dirt bag is publishing the articles on the day day they are published here. He/she/it thinks it is smart and that Google may not know which is the real deal. But with so many complaints against it today, there is no way they will get away with it. My user name is on their site. They are a load and crap!

Agreed. Super irritating that they're doing this! I'm one that they're stealing from and will be one of their last.

2. profile image0
        jenuboukaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Cardisa!! What a fricken shit show, excuse my language but seriously.  A  fellow hubber emailed me that my latest recipe hub along with all my pics was on there. So I filled a complaint with Google webmaster and emailed the abuse@softlayer.com, anything else to be done?

Oh I did leave a comment on the copied article saying how great the article was as I should know since I am the original author. 

How do you link your Google profile with the hub?  I think I may have done that but I want to make sure.

1. PDXKaraokeGuy profile image84
          PDXKaraokeGuyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jen... are we talking about my hub? I left him a comment calling him an "asshole" He denied my comment...

1. profile image0

No, one of mine is on there too. It seems that the site is targeting HP authors and coping newly published content, I think. 
            I email abuse@softlayer then got an immediate response to email another address, 
            Mr. Dody Lira - Designated Agent for DMCA Notices
            SoftLayer Technologies, Inc.
            4849 Alpha Road
            Dallas, TX 75244
            Telephone No.:             214-442-0600     
            Facsimile No.: 214-442-0601
            E-mail address: copyright@softlayer.com

Here is the address: http://www.softlayer.com/legal/copyrigh … ement-dmca

IS this their hosting site?

I too left a scathing remark btu I doubt that they will approve the comment.

Jen I will send you a link with the instructions.

1. profile image0

Thank you!  I have wasted my afternoon trying to do this and my head hurts.  I fear posting any new hubs until I know that this site is dealt with.  you?

46. ThePracticalMommy profile image88
    ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years ago

I'm back. I found out something interesting. When I took a quote from my hub that was copied and put it into Google, the other site did not show up. How am I supposed to find other hubs that were copied if they do not show up?

Also, the person who copied obviously didn't notice the little bonus at the bottom of my hub that I know I am not required to do but do anyway: a copyright with my hub name. Hmm....

1. profile image0
      kelleywardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

smart! I'm going to start adding this also!

47. PDXKaraokeGuy profile image84
    PDXKaraokeGuyposted 12 years ago

They copied one of mine as well. They're not even creative about it. They kept my name in the title. I've also found that they copied a hub called "hub challenge" they're clearly just trying to get traffic. My page is still up, even though I've contacted the author and the site host.

48. Pamela N Red profile image83
    Pamela N Redposted 12 years ago

I was looking to see if any of my work was copied and found some of Aiden Hill's work. I have to get off here but if someone could notify him. This is really awful that these people are doing this.

It's his Top ten ways to not make money on HubPages.

49. Sandyspider profile image74
    Sandyspiderposted 12 years ago

The ones that I did look through, I didn't see any of my hubs. But I didn't go through it all. I did a PR check and it doesn't even have a rating with Google.

Is there an easy way to check if your articles are out there where they shouldn't be?

50. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83

PracticalMommy - I'm not sure they show up in Google yet - so we have all had to painstakingly go through every single page on the site. I start by checking the topics where they might appear, and I've been finding them that way. But I have gotten notices from other Hubbers who have recognized hubs I haven't found yet.

Their search mechanism doesn't work, either - I tried using the site's search to look for hubs and it's useless. So we do it the hard way (I'd love to reach through the screen and slap them).  Sigh . . .

The earliest articles I can find from them is in January.

@ Sandyspider. What I do is just copy my title into their search box and search. That way you will find your stuff easier. What you may need to do is search from each category

1. Sandyspider profile image74
        Sandyspiderposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. Of course they could change the title. Too bad we can't just reach into the screen and ring their necks.

1. tlpoague profile image83
          tlpoagueposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I found some of mine useing key words like...how to cope. My hub How to cope when your child leaves home showed up. It was towards the bottom of the page, but still there. I am still going through the process of filing complaints.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)