jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Hubpages chatbox

1. Clayton Fernandes profile image83
    Clayton Fernandesposted 4 years ago

Wouldn't it be nice, if hubpages had a small chat box, So we could talk to other brilliant hubbers or anybody in here, instead of waiting for email or forum responses. If at all it is a nonsense of an idea, then i'm not aware of it.

It would be nice to see this implemented.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

As Wry says, chatrooms have been tried a couple of times and each time, failed due to lack of support by Hubbers.  So I doubt anyone would be interested in trying again.

2. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

To me it would certainly detract from my focus while on the site. I, like others, keep my Facebook chat off as well as Google, Yahoo and such. I rarely even have Skype going unless I am awaiting a video conference or such.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

This idea has been raised repeatedly but even when members have created chatrooms they have never succeeded. smile Many people are here to write and earn, not socially network.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

I don't want it. I keep the one on Facebook turned off because people always seem to interrupt me when I am doing something else.

1. mattforte profile image90
      mattforteposted 4 years ago in reply to this

2. Richieb799 profile image67
      Richieb799posted 4 years ago in reply to this

LOL, what could you possibly be doing on Facebook that is so crucial that you might be interrupted.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
        Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Playing games of course smile

But also working on my pages.

4. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 4 years ago

I think the forums are enough. Most people are on twitter and FB anyway so when I want to chat with someone from HP, I do it through those channels.

5. JKenny profile image94
    JKennyposted 4 years ago

No way, a chat box would turn Hubpages into just another version of Facebook. I like the fact, that here I can just write, and don't have to worry about such distractions. I also keep Facebook chat turned off, primarily because I don't really like instant messaging that much.