jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

4th hub published comments plz

1. sjwigglywoo profile image82
    sjwigglywooposted 4 years ago

Hi everyone I have just published my 4th hub, Not getting a lot of traffic to any of my hubs so really could do with some feed back to know if I am doing ok or I am missing something. Thanking you in advance for your time

http://sjwigglywoo.hubpages.com/hub/-gr … -beginners

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Your hubs aren't too bad, overall.

I think your big problem is your topics. To get traffic you need to get your hubs ranked in Google - and if the topic is very broad, chances are there are hundreds of other pages, hubs, articles and websites about it. WHY should Google choose to send searchers to your hub?

The only exception I saw was 'Treatment of red mite in the chicken coop'. I don't know the exact number of articles on that topic, but at least it's a little more specific.

So try and think about niches related to your favourite topics, so you can attract Google traffic. For instance, instead of "How to grow vegetables" try "How to grow potatoes (turnips, cauliflower etc) in Summer (or New England/US/Spring)". Try and be specific.

And maybe read some of the guides on the site to keyword research (basically finding out what people are Googling and writing about it.)

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

Views will depend on YOUR promotional efforts. Lots of Hubs on 'generating traffic' so don't panic wink just use the search bar. Your article is nicely presented and I heard, Google loves 'lists' wink only thing I would suggest is to move your 2nd photo down to your 2nd 'text capsule, therefore allowing your adverts to be nearer to the top. smile great write!

1. sjwigglywoo profile image82
      sjwigglywooposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for you advice, I have moved the photo as you have suggested and I am doing lots of reading and research on increasing traffic. Thank you for taking the time to look and advise.