jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Problem choosing hub topic

1. Catherine Kane profile image87
    Catherine Kaneposted 5 years ago

I'd like to write a series of posts about renaissanc faires, both for folks who visit them ad for those who work at them.

I'm having a hard time figurng out the proper topic for this. I've scanned a number of other hubs on renn faires and there doesn't seem to be a clear choice.

Any input on this would be welcome

1. Dale Hyde profile image85
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My choice would be Paganism. Not sure how it would be narrowed down from there. But it should fall under Paganism with no problems.

Catherine Kaneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. That's an interesting choice, one I hadn't thought of.

Not sure that would work for me. Not all Rennies are pagan, and, although my husband is pagan, I'm not, so it might be misleading...

I have viewed other hubs on the same topic, and you are absolutely correct, no seemingly universal topic to post under.  Not sure. I had not thought about Paganism being misleading, but I reckon it could well be. smile

I'm in a mixed marriage - we're both psychics but I'm Christian and he's pagan/wiccan. I find there are many times where, because I do readings and I'm with him, that people assume that I'm pagan too. I'm not against paganism but there's a whole bunch of problems that have been known to crop up when folks I assume I'm part of one demographic when I really belong to another

While I'm into differnet spiritual paths and may hub about that in the future, right now I'm trying to figure out which topic best suits the non-spiritual renaissance experience. I'm seeing a lot of lovely hubs on costuming and "what I saw at the faire" but there's a lot of other aspects of this I'd love to write on, and the problem is picking a topic that makes these hubs accessible

Since I've been attending faires for over 30 years, and working them over 10, I think that I may have a little something useful to offer on this

Thanks for the input- this is making me think. Don't have answers yet, but I'm sure I'll get there

You are most welcome, and welcome to HubPages! I just noticed that you relatively new here and well on the way to a nice amount of interesting hubs!

Thank you smile.
                I'm starting  a new job this week, so I wanted to take advantage of my present free time to get a good start while I can.

2. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

Depending on the content, it could go in a number of places.
    Maybe Holidays and Celebrations?

I noticed that some hubbers placed it in Travel. But that could be tricky if you're writing about festivals in general.

Another one had it under Event Planning.
    Even if you have to place them in different groups, you can always link them together.  But grouping does seem to help with views.

Thank you so much. this is a question that doesn't seem to have a
      good answer, so a variety of input helps me better weigh my options

working