jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Hubs being plagarized - question for those it has happened to.

1. Kris Heeter profile image86
    Kris Heeterposted 4 years ago

I have recently found at least two of my hubs have been copied by  number of other sites.  Some have credited me and other have blatantly plagarized.  Regardless I want to be sure that the articles are removed from the other sites.   I'm in the process of contacting these sites asking for immediate removal.  Most are complying but in the meantime, when this happens, do we notify hubpages staff that we are taking steps to fix this?  I just don't want these two hubs taken down in the meantime.

1. Dale Hyde profile image85
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this
        Kris Heeterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Dale.  I will check it out!

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

No, you don't need to contact HP. I don't think they would take them down because of this, there are so many that are copied. It's such a feeling of violation when we see our hard work plagarized by someone who is too lazy to write their own articles. I hope you get it all figured out.

Kris Heeterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks:)  I was kind of stunned - just a month ago nothing appeared to have been copied and then all of a sudden, there they were on multiple sites.

Back in the day (I'm sounding old now), we kicked students out of the university when they caught plagiarizing.  I'm sure they still do but it's probably harder to catch them now with so much online. It's sad that people are so lazy.

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image92
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago

Some of my work is on the Bizene site, too - or whatever it's called.  They have hub after hub, blatantly published with fake authors listed.

4. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

It is harder because they just keep doing it. Sad to say, but some may even be your followers. Maybe lazy isn't the right word, they're thieves.

1. kittythedreamer profile image95
      kittythedreamerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

GRRR! This is the worst. Some fake author "michelle cornett" has literally copied and pasted one of my hubs...a really personal hub to me at that.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
        rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Doesn't it make you crazy when they take a 'personal' hub?? I've had it done with a few of my hubs, one was changed as if a man had written it!!!  He took my experience and made it his. Another one I just found (on another site) took one of my hubs and put his name on it. mad LOSERS.

5. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 4 years ago

I've even had one of my hubs copied onto HubPages itself lol!

working