jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

How much money would be enough?

1. 0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 4 years ago

To sit back and know you would never financially struggle again?  And approx. how old are you?

ps- it's cool to be greedy in this thread.

2. Eric Newland profile image61
    Eric Newlandposted 4 years ago

I thought they had figured out it was $75,000 a year.

So basically, enough that I could invest it and make $75,000 a year off interest and dividends would be good, however much that is.

I'm roughly 30, ballpark.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

More is always good but I have enough (about what Eric suggests but as income, not interest).  But there is still retirement and all it would take is a bit of cancer or serious physical trauma and I would be in trouble.

4. readytoescape profile image59
    readytoescapeposted 4 years ago

I think the best way to express it would be whenever a bar tab needed to be paid, there was always enough in the wallet

and whenever a bill needed to be paid there was enough in the checking account

and when the vacations rolled around the credit card was always accepted.

Schedule me for permanent vacation

1. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

5. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 4 years ago

12,000€ a year would do me fine! I was happy when I was taking home 900 a month.

12,000 EUR = 15,771.72 USD

I am 59.

6. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Enough to not lose sleep over...

7. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago

I live frugally, however, for me, it would be enough so that I could do my food shopping in local stores not supermarkets. Everything would be organic and naturally sourced. I could afford two holidays a year (each lasting for at least two weeks)I could buy a new, electric car. I would always have savings and I could afford eco-clothing. Oh, and I would definitely have a property in South west wales, Devon or Cornwall. I have no idea how much I would need to earn annually for this. smile

8. TheMagician profile image90
    TheMagicianposted 4 years ago

Oh, I could certainly live "comfortably" off about $1500/mo. ($18,000/yr), but with my lifestyle I'd definitely require more for it to be enough, haha. I put a lot of my money into entertainment (concerts, road trips and vacations, video games, gifts for others, etc.) and whatnot, so... perhaps I could live comfortably off $65,000/year? Assuming I stay child free smile  Doesn't mean I'd like even more money though! tongue

I'm 18, and my ideas of personal finance are pretty skewered at the moment, haha. I could probably be fine on much less, but I like to play it safe... I bring a $10 bill into stores to buy just a candy bar in case taxes went up wink

9. 0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 4 years ago

Last day here before break and I'll be honest I would like 15 million with one castle in Ireland and a gorgeous hot butler, Bentley and new Boobies...............

Think I'll be off soon, just lazy to start other work,

oh and someone to write for me a book as famous as the bible

a lot of B's whew  lol

1. bbnix profile image60
      bbnixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

15 million for you, Kimberly...absolutely...a Bentley...without hesitation...a hot butler...you bet, no need to worry, I'm your guy...(and your hot driver too)...

In fact, not only will I get you the 15 mil, make the deal on that castle in Ireland (not to mention a villa somewhere warm too), build you that custom Bentley - the best in the land, as well as be your butler, your driver, your bodyguard, and write the next best bible for you....but I also will stand in the rain, up to any storm, be that which you'll need for the rest of your life...and...talk you out of new boobies which you certainly do not need...

Many b's indeed...I'm not bbnix for nothing, you know...

And oh, I just turned 55, had the best birthday of my life, am the strongest physically of my life (riding my bike many miles per day), and at the epitome of my education and experience, but I am also loved and protected by the most incredible woman who has ever lived or will ever live...

10. Hugh Williamson profile image89
    Hugh Williamsonposted 4 years ago

How much money would be enough?

When someone posed that question to John D. Rockefeller his response was "Just a little bit more."