jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Impact of HubPages Questions and Answers on your Subdomain

1. GinnyLee profile image93
    GinnyLeeposted 4 years ago

I read the article about "stellar hubs" recommending 1,500 words, etc.  There was talk that a hub may be considered higher quality with meaningful (and maybe more comprehensive) articles.

Compare that to the Q&A sections.  Most of the questions asked are very short, and some of the answers are equally as sparing in detail. 

Does having the short questions and replies hurt your account?  It seems like the previous two paragraphs are in opposition to each other.  One is asking for longer, more detailed articles.  The other is typically short and less detailed.

Why would short questions not hurt your subdomain in Google's eyes, but short hubs might?

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Have clicked follow on this as I want to see the answer as well. Well raised issue!

1. GinnyLee profile image93
        GinnyLeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Dale.

2. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 4 years ago

After many months I got my Google traffic back and enjoyed it for a week. Just before it disappeared again I added my questions to my subdomain.

Was this a coincidence or did it play a role in losing favour with the big G again? Trouble is, I am never likely to know and just when I had become enthused about writing on HP again, I'm back off to my blogs and my book, as with the traffic I'm getting it isn't really worth posting stuff here at the moment

3. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

I don't think you're going to get an answer for this one as there are a lot of intangibles. My traffic has stabalized and probably increased since starting Q&A - but that could be other factors - Google likes to see activity, so maybe that's helping me - or my hubs are so poor quality that the Questions are actually improving my quality!!!!

4. GmaGoldie profile image87
    GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago

Google really doesn't make it easy for writers. I know they want content, guiding us better of what they will consider content is the partnership piece that Google is sadly missing.

Twitter is LOVED by Google so why wouldn't Google love the Q&A - did they forget that or did they purposefully shun that in their algorithm?