jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (11 posts)

Thank You for the Recipe Capsules!

1. brittanytodd profile image92
    brittanytoddposted 4 years ago

Since I added the new capsules to a couple of my recipe hubs, I have seen their daily traffic double almost immediately!  Thanks to the HP staff for working so hard to make this happen.  (I think it is because the first image shows up on Google search pages!)  What a wonderful feature!  Mahalo nui loa!

1. Dale Hyde profile image85
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well that is great that your images are showing up in Google. The two recipe hubs that I did using the new lay out has done absolutely nothing as far as that goes for me. I just checked them both out in Google, and the hubs are there of course, but no picture.

Nor is the rating showing up. I checked out one of your cupcake hubs and see both the picture and rating showing up in the Google search. Not sure why mine are not showing up. I have the rating capsule up and photos up.

brittanytoddposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Maybe you aren't using the rating capsule for recipes?  I think that might be it. 

When you go to edit the rating capsule, be sure to select "recipe" (not "single user" or "multiple user").  Then, it should show up and Google will recognize your hub as a recipe. 

Let me know if this works.  I sure hope so!  And if you get it right, I'm sure you'll be happy with the results!  Good luck.

I did use the third option, of the rating capsule on both hubs, Brittany. Not sure what the problem is however.

1. lobobrandon profile image80
              lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Dale give it some time to update on Google, Takes some time even if you've submitted the updated version using Webmaster tools smile

Also, try deleting your cache you may be seeing previous results even though they changed.

Thanks Lobo! I shall try that when I get back in from work. smile Off to feed those sugar gliders. smile

1. lobobrandon profile image80
                  lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hmm cool whatever that is wink

2. Dale Hyde profile image85

One is showing the ratings and the picture, Lobo, the other, not yet. I see you know I submit to Webmasters Tools, lol.  Maybe as you say, in time, the other will show up. Thanks for your suggestions as always.

2. Curiad profile image80
      Curiadposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I edited two recipe hubs also, and I just checked and both are on the first page of Google search! One has the #3 spot and one has the #7 and #8 spots and both have the pictures!

brittanytoddposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Awesome!  I love these new tools!  I'm glad its working for everyone too. smile

working