It's nearly Easter and it's snowing!

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (25 posts)
  1. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 12 years ago

Last week was so hot we nearly had a bar b que- now today the snow is coming down , heavily- what's the weather like where you are?

I am in the centre of England

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We had sleet yesterday (north of Scotland had 10" of snow), but today is lovely and sunny with blue skies!

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm in Manchester, some snow and a very chilly wind. In fact, it's bl**** freezing. Can't believe that this time last week I was in south west Wales, sitting on the beach and enjoying the sun!

3. charmike4 profile image66
      charmike4posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm in Adelaide, South Australia and we have had 30 degree + days all week, but I hear that rain is forecasted for the weekend...but no snow here (ever!)

2. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

I'm in the Rhondda.

I did have a barbeque last Friday, when my younger daughter visited for the weekend!

Right now: the heating started coming on again yesterday, even though the thermostat is set to a fairly low 16 deg C. It rained yesterday afternoon and judging by the drops on the window panes seems to have been raining earlier today.

I'm looking forward to a very chilly week by the sea in Tresaith from Friday. However, since the event is a SaysomethinginWelsh.com Welsh bootcamp, I know I will have a great time whatever the weather smile

3. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

It's quite a nice day down here in the London area, with patches of warm sun, although the temperature has dropped.  We did have some heavy rain/hail storms yesterday evening

4. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

I'm in South GA, enjoying my unheated swimming pool and soaking up the sun on my deck!

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh shut up!

I take solace that you have to beat the 'gators out of the pool to use it and will soon retreat to your air conditioned cave, coming out only at night to do battle with the bugs.

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We don't allow no stinkin' Florida Gators in our pool - GA Bulldogs only (along with the occasional Great Dane)!

When the mercury hits 100 and the humidity is in the 90s, I can cool off in my pool or seek the comfort of my cool (cold, actually) home. As for the bugs, I have barrels of bug spray! lol

Oh, and I already have a tan! nanny nanny boo boo

5. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

Snow? I haven't seen it in years.  I remember while living in New York seeing snow in April. It didn't melt until sometime in May!

The pool is looking great and ready for the weekend here in Florida.

6. rachellrobinson profile image84
    rachellrobinsonposted 12 years ago

Lets see last week it was in the 90's this week upper 70's and low 80's. We have had the nicest winter anyone can remember and in a way it is sad because everyone is waiting for the weather to take a turn for the worse instead of just getting out there and enjoying it.

7. tlpoague profile image83
    tlpoagueposted 12 years ago

Mine is a day of rain here in the US. I am in tornado alley and have been watching the skyes for the last couple of days. That was a nasty one that hit the Dallas area yesterday.

8. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

In 1963, there was a significant snow in Richmond, Virginia (lat. 37°, 33', 13" N) after Easter, which was late that year.  Seems a bit like a 50-year cycle thing to me.

9. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

So sorry to hear about the snow...we've had an early summer since the end of February.
    I guess its your turn to have a terrible spring.
    hmm

10. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 12 years ago

It's 63 degrees and raining here in Indiana.  I've seen light snow on the ground on Easter; so it's not that unusual here at this time of year.

11. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 12 years ago

I was especially cheered to hear from those in the warmer climates!
    I went to work and got soaked and chilled; my hands were red raw with the cold.
    I had a lovely chat about the weather with the car park attendants (sitting in their booths, too cold to go out)
    I rang my mum who lives in Brighton 180 miles south and she said it was "quite nice" grr!!
    Just think, if it wasn't for the vageries of the weather I would have missed all these wonderful conversations and just passed the day by!

1. Judi Bee profile image90
      Judi Beeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There's an icy wind in Cornwall, rain and hail at intervals.

12. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 12 years ago

It's an ongoing winter and spring drought here. The worst in 50 years!

CASE1WORKERposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We have had rain/snow all day- We need it but Iknow you need it even more- so maybe we ought to stop complaining, but I guess that would not be British!!

13. JKenny profile image90
    JKennyposted 12 years ago

We had snow in the morning here in Birmingham, which turned to sleet later on. I was frozen stiff all day. Where has the spring gone? Please come back ASAP!

Rumour has it Spring will bounce back soon, hope it does

14. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 12 years ago

I was watching the news when they said about the hosepipe ban, and I looked outside and it was raining! its not too bad now though, being 30 miles from London, in Bucks we had a pretty warmish, coldish dampish day! lol!

15. Gordon Hamilton profile image94
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years ago

I'm 20 miles south-east of Glasgow in the UK and last week, we had the warmest March day since records began, with the thermometer hitting 75F. That is warmer than I remember experiencing since I moved back to Scotland from London two and a bit years ago, even in July/August, as the past two summers have been entirely non-existent. Monday the snow came and I was back to the Winter wear. Had hail stones earlier today and although the snow has gone, there is a howling easterly wind tonight that doesn't bode well for the weekend...

No barbecue then?

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image94
        Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's on standby to defrost the pipes... wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)