jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

My very first hub has been published - How'd I do?

1. glutenallergy profile image59
    glutenallergyposted 4 years ago

Please offer critique for my first hub.  I can handle the criticism, and want to do what I can to improve my hub:

http://glutenallergy.hubpages.com/hub/G … t-Are-They

I don't want to build any more hubs until I know how I did on this on.

Thank you.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Pretty good for a first hub!

The only problem I see is the topic. There are probably hundreds or thousands of larger websites which have articles about gluten allergies - why should Google send you traffic?

Try writing on more "niche" topics. Ones that get less searches but also have less articles written about them, so you can rank higher in Google.

3. glutenallergy profile image59
    glutenallergyposted 4 years ago

"Try writing on more "niche" topics. Ones that get less searches but also have less articles written about them, so you can rank higher in Google."

Oh my goodness, I never even considered this!  I will do that on the next hub I create.  Thank you for the advice.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. smile

If you're here to earn money, the two most important things to consider are:

1. The searcher - what will a person type into Google to find your hub?
      2.  The competition - how many other people are writing on the topic and can your hub outrank their content?

1. glutenallergy profile image59
        glutenallergyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Again, thank you!  I will think of these things in the future.  You have been very helpful smile

working