jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Ready to pull my hair out over ad sense

1. Crystal Tatum profile image87
    Crystal Tatumposted 4 years ago

I have been around the world trying to understand how to get an approved Ad Sense account, to no avail. My application has been under review for about six weeks. When I go to ad sense, it says there is a two part application process:
    "The first step in the process is a preliminary check on your site and your account details. The second step in the application process requires that you implement the HTML ad code on your site. Once you've started generating ad impressions, temporary “blank ads” will be shown until the final approval process is completed. These blank ads will blend into the background of your pages and shouldn’t interfere with the user experience."
    I don't understand the second part and after reading the explanation on Ad Sense, I still don't know what to do. Am I supposed to create my own ads? It asks for a name and design and size....I'm sorry to be so naive but I need guidance, step by step, in terms a newbie can understand. Thanks.

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nope, you don't create your own ads.  They are generated automatically on your hubs according to the content subject.  Whenever you enter the affiliate code you are given by Adsense into the proper place in your account settings you are good to go.

Welcome to HubPages from a fellow Georgia too!! 

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
      mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ideally publish at least at 10 hubs before expecting to be approved for an Adsense Account. The HTML stuff only applies if you have your own website, for sites like HP it is not relevant.

3. WorkAtHomeMums profile image87
      WorkAtHomeMumsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I feel your pain. I was almost in the same situation as you. The problem for me was something I caused myself. I applied for adsense via google direct instead of via HubPages. This was the cause of major pain for me. And I was given the same replies from google.  Is that what you did? Did you apply via HP or via google?

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

We don't put in a html code hmm just use your --> pub id xxxx-xxxx-xxxx and insert it into your affiliate box. Once approval is granted, ads will start appearing automatically depending on how the article is 'spidered' by G's bot. It will take time smile we all started out the same way. Stay positive and keep writing.

3. Crystal Tatum profile image87
    Crystal Tatumposted 4 years ago

Thanks Dame Scribe. What is an affiliate box?

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

It's where you place your code. Found under , My Account --> Earnings. You insert your Pub ID into appropriate field smile