jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

Can I archive material that just doesn't seem to be going anywhere?

1. aviannovice profile image88
    aviannoviceposted 5 years ago

Is it possible to archive material or just remove it?

1. John Holden profile image59
      John Holdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Why would you want to?

You've hardly been here five minutes, nothing like long enough to decide that hubs are going nowhere.

aviannoviceposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I read in an article that if hubs are rated below 75 that can drag down your score.  Not only that, I have been writing something weekly on birds that I see at Boomer Lake Park.  I wanted to archive or remove the older material.  Eventually, it might end up being dead weight, as its ratings are dropping.

1. WryLilt profile image87
          WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You have been here TWO WEEKS! Most content takes at least 6 months to start receiving steady views. When you first publish you'll get a bit of traffic from Hubpages because the hub is new, but that will drop off before search engines pick it up.

And the rankings have NOTHING to do with earnings. Google does NOT see your author score or your hub score.

So you think that the older columns that are dated will be all right?  They don't need to be archived eventually?

Yes,
              No.

All right, John, I appreciate your help.  Thank you!

Ah, sorry for the minimalist reply. Ever since I started work and worked for a minimalist man who once answered a long and convoluted letter with "Yes" I've been sort of quick to copy him. Probably it doesn't chime with my claim to be a writer smile

But honestly, I do think you are a little over anxious, your writing is fine and given time you'll start to get hits, just not straight away.
                  I've been here for nearly two years now and have a couple of hubs that only get a handful of hits a month, but then they are only of interest to a handful of people. Should I remove them and deprive that handful of people of information?

I guess what got me concerned was that arbitrary number of "75," so I was concerned that I wasn't putting out a good product.  Thanks for the vote of confidence.

2. John Holden profile image59

All hubs start off with a rating well below 75, usually 50 or less. Over time, weeks and months rather than days, they creep up.

Don't be impatient smile

2. aviannovice profile image88
    aviannoviceposted 5 years ago

I'm just trying to work on getting better product.

working