jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Pinterest pics---can I add to a hub or is this copyright infringement?

1. 0
    kelleywardposted 4 years ago

I'm writing a hub with references to Pinterest. I don't want to put pictures on my hub that are not correctly referenced. Does anyone know if I can add pictures I find on Pinterest to my hub, to direct the reader there? Or if this would be copyright infringement? Thanks

1. Greekgeek profile image98
      Greekgeekposted 4 years ago in reply to this

A lot of the photos pinned on Pinterest have been uploaded illegally without the permission or knowledge of the copyright holders. They're often credited and linked to the wrong person, too, so the credit under the pin may not send you to the person whose permission you need to use the photo.

There's so many free, legal sources for photos -- wikimedia commons, stock xchng if you follow the photographer's terms of use, creative commons -- that there's no need to go to Pinterest.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Any picture can be on Pinterest, so you can't assume it is okay to use.

3. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

You have to go through the same process for using any picture you find on the web. Find out ownership and licensing information. If it's PD then you are OK - other times it's under a creative commons license so you have to merit the original artist (photogrpaher etc.) - if it's under copyright you have to seek permission to use the picture in your article.

1. 0
      kelleywardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Okay thanks so far I have only used my own or Flickr CC.