Large gap between hub and comment box.

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (13 posts)
  1. old albion profile image63
    old albionposted 12 years ago

I have 36 views in 24 hours on one of my hubs 'aunt rosie a tragedy' there is a gap of 8 inches between the end of the hub and the comment box. I have not received 1 comment out of 36 views. It looks as though there is not a comment box present. How can I close this gap. Urgent Help Please.
    Graham.

1. weestro profile image77
      weestroposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It may be the text capsule, try editing the text and if there is a gap after the last paragraph you can delete the unused space, "lowering" the capsule.

2. Dale Hyde profile image80
      Dale Hydeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

After viewing the hub, it appears that you need to go into "edit", place your cursor to the right of the last item, the link, then click the left tab and highlight all the "white" area to down to the bottom of the editor. It will of course turn blue when you highlight it. Once you have all the "white" area highlighted, then press your delete key and that should take out any extra lines you have in the hub without touching the text or link.

old albionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Dale. I have tried what you suggested but it does not turn blue, as would be usual if moving text. I have still not received any comments. I have received a further 20 viewings, so it is being read but still no comments, even with my footnote. I shall leave for the present. Thanks again for your help.

1. Dale Hyde profile image80
          Dale Hydeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I do hope that you resolve the issue. Sorry that my advice did not solve the problem.

Thanks again for your effort and interest.
            Graham.

3. old albion profile image63

Thank you. weestro, Aficinada and Dale. - I have removed the advertising capsules and placed a footnote saying the box is below. Dale I am new to the pages and a little unsure at present, so I have just left the one line message. Again thank you all for taking the trouble to read and comment. I do appreciate it.
      Graham.

1. Aficionada profile image78
        Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

OA, that is one acceptable solution. But personally, I believe it would look more professional to try one of the other solutions and remove the white space altogether. If you are concerned about losing what you have published in the process, you could first copy it as a backup (for instance, copy into a text file or Word, etc.) and then try removing the white space. If you encountered any problems, you would then have your backup to reconstruct the Hub. Or, you could exit the Editing Mode without saving the changes, to revert to the original article.

Thanks again Aficionada. I will try and remove the space as suggested by yourself and Dale.
          Thanks again.
          Graham.

2. old albion profile image63

Hi Aficionada. I am not fully computer literate so I am unsure of your directions. I have tried the alternative offered by Dale but it is not working for me. I shall leave for the present with the footnote . I have still not received any comments, but I have had a further 20 viewings. I have also removed the capsule , then clicked it back but it still comes on too low.
          Thanks again for your help.
          Graham.

1. Aficionada profile image78
            Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Graham, I'll be off the HP grid (so to speak) for the next two days, so if the following doesn't work, I'll respond when I get back.

First of all, don't worry about not having any comments.  A lot of us have numerous Hubs that have never received comments.  Some readers choose to leave comments when they read, and some don't.  That doesn't mean they didn't like the Hub.

But, to close up the white space, try this (no guarantees, though):

Open the Hub and click on Edit.  In Edit Mode, look at the last capsule that precedes the Comment box.

If it is a Text capsule, click Edit (top right of the capsule).  Place the cursor in the capsule at the last possible point, then use Backspace to move the cursor back to the final period that you wish to appear in the Hub. Then on the top right of the capsule, click Save.  (That should take care of the problem. Click Done Editing or Preview at the top of the Hub to check.)

If that last capsule preceding the Comment box is any other type of capsule (other than Text), evaluate it to see what it wrong.  Is it an empty capsule that you were saving for later?  (It still shouldn't show up, though.)  If it's an empty capsule, why not just delete it?

Is it an RSS capsule?  Click Edit and see what number you have set as the maximum number of items to display.  If the number is more than one, change it to one.  (I saw that you have one link showing up at the end of the Hub, and I think the white space is related to that.)

If it is a Link capsule, click Edit to see whether there is some type of anomaly that you can identify.  I don't think it's possible to leave space for future links in a link capsule, but check just to be sure.  Be sure to click Done Editing when you finish.

Those are the only things I can think of to check.  Maybe someone else will see this thread and provide some other ideas.  In the meantime, though, don't get worried about the lack of comments.  It's possible that no one will ever comment on that Hub, but it may still touch them deeply.

Thanks Aficianada. I will get my daughter to try it for me. Thank you again.
              Graham.

2. Aficionada profile image78
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

Do you have any unused capsules in that space? (Check the Hub in Edit Mode.) Or in your feed capsule, do you have space for more items to show up - but perhaps they are not tagged in such a way that they do show up in the capsule?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)