jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

unrelated content?

1. kthix10 profile image85
    kthix10posted 4 years ago

I am so confused one of my math hubs was just unpublished for having unrelated ebay capsules.  It was about triangles and how to find the missing angles in a triangle.  I had two ebay capsules - one I used the keyword protractor and the other I used the word geometry.  How are these unrelated?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Makes no sense to me. Do you use the word "geometry" in your Hub?  That might help get the textbooks passed.  Or maybe you just got a moderator who can't add.  I would do what Relache suggests and email them.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Unless the products returned are extremely specific to the process or topic you are discussing, you'd do better to use Amazon and list hand-chosen items that relate directly to the subject matter of the Hub instead of taking your chances with a keyword search.

Of course, debating the actions of the admin team here is pretty moot, as we can't see the unpublished Hub nor are any of us empowered to make decisions as to what is and isn't a TOS violation.  You'd likely do best to email the team directly and ask for clarification as to the subtlety with which they determine what is related.

1. kthix10 profile image85
      kthix10posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I can't use Amazon because my state is one of the ones that doesn't allow us to be an associate.  The items were all protractors in the first one which are directly related to measuring angles.  The second produced some geometry textbooks which I guess could be unrelated to a geometry topic?

I removed them and just put a generic capsule in and it got tagged again - This is the first time I had a problem with any of my hubs

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 4 years ago

As I said previously, your best bet is to email the admin team and ask for some clarification.

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

Wow yikes math is a awesome topic even if it scared me lol I agree with Marissa, it doesn't make sense why your Hub would get flagged for including math tools tongue I recommend emailing to Maddie, she's awesome too smile

5. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

What actual products are coming up?