jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Traffic Went Down

1. William Gerace profile image78
    William Geraceposted 5 years ago

Hi all I add RSS feeds to my Hubs. I had the RSS capsules but took them out cause I thought that I read it was overly promotional somewhere. I did submit my Hubs to several directories with RSS feeds, as well as RED Gage, and She Told Me. My traffic was doing ok then it started declining each day now it came up to a total of 5 visitors. Did I do something wrong that caused my traffic to sink? Sorry to bother everyone just need some advice. Thanks again.

Bill

2. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 5 years ago

I checked several of your pages. None were sandboxed so they are appearing in Google search as they should.

Of course, after only 4 months you probably won't be getting too much search engine traffic especially writing mainly on social issues.

As to the RSS feeds. Some people use them some don't. It is possible to harm your pages by configuring RSS wrongly but I can't see any way that removing them could harm you.

William Geraceposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How do I take RSS feeds off my Hubs. I don';t have the capsules but have the feeds I submitted is there a way to reverse. Thanks.

1. Will Apse profile image90
        Will Apseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

RSS capsules on your hubs can be deleted. These are just internal links to other hubs:
        http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/rss-capsule

If you have submitted your feed to services like feed burner you need to go to the sites and delete there. It is so long since I used feeds in that way, I can't remember any details.

Oh do you think eventually my traffic will come back. I checked it recently since you told me aobut it and see it has crept up a little more bit more. I hope I'm toast on HubPages. Thanks for all your help. I deleted the RSS capsules.

1. IzzyM profile image87
            IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't think rss would have had anything to do with your traffic tanking.

If you read the old threads you will see that everyone's traffic has been up and down like a yoyo since subdomains were introduced last summer.

You should have waited a few days (or weeks) to see if traffic returned on its own, as it likely will.

Ok thank you I was just panicking thought I did something wrong. Thanks again.

working