jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Can we add links in the text? - Amazon links

1. lobobrandon profile image81
    lobobrandonposted 4 years ago

I always thought we weren't supposed to and that the only way was using Amazon Capsules. But, after reading this page I realized that  its allowed. Am I right or have I interpreted wrong smile (unlikely that I read it wrong; but, I wanted confirmation as I've not seen anyone do it either)

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/mone … n-partners

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Yes but no more than two per hub, as per the overly promotional rule.

lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the answer WryLilt and yup, the two per hub thing is fine smile

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Remember, if you link to a singular domain across all your Hubs, at some point it will trip a filter that will drop your author score like a rock...

1. Aficionada profile image93
      Aficionadaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Are there any recommendations or suggestions about a wise distribution or ratio of domains?  That is, if I have 4-5 different domains in my 72 Hubs (that's not correct at the moment, just an example) would that be considered enough?  I understand, or believe, that there's no hard and fast rule; I'm just looking for some guidelines.

2. lobobrandon profile image81

I'm not going to be linking to any products through text as I prefer using capsules instead. But, I was just curious as I always thought that it wasn't allowed - just my ignorance I guess.

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Relache, HubPages dropped this rule some time ago.  There was a discussion of it on the forums a while ago and the change was confirmed.

You can link to the same domain on every Hub if you like.

I am still trying to work out why they decided to drop this rule, it seemed like a sensible one to me...

It's good to know this.  I missed the discussion of it and the confirmation by the staff.  The last time I actually checked (some months ago), it was still in effect.  Do you have any ballpark estimate of how long it's been?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't know when it was changed.   I think I noticed it about six months ago.

Jason dropped into a forum discussion on overly promotional, mentioned the "two rules per domain rule" and didn't mention the "one link on all domains" rule.  Someone (me?) picked him up on that, and he responded that he didn't think that was a problem.

I then compared the rule in the current Learning Centre with the rule quoted in someone's (older) Hub about being "overly promotional".  Sur enough, the sentence about one link in several domains had disappeared - but I don't know when it happened!

The important thing is that it doesn't apply now, so if you want to take advantage of that, you can do so - even on older Hubs.  I know one Hubber who has a "signature" at the end of every Hub which is her name and website.

Thank you so much!

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

There are strict rules on keeping links 'related'. If you have a domain or TWO related to your topic, then you can list them. Only 2 smile hope that helps.

Isn't that two per Hub?

My question related to the number of links across my entire subdomain - all of my Hubs in total - not each individual Hub.

You'll need to strike a balance yourself there's no exact figure or percentage mentioned anywhere.

working