Need a Title Overhaul?

1. Eric Newland profile image59
    Eric Newlandposted 4 years ago

So I've started a hub series on my daughter's heart defects, surgery, and recovery. It may be the most "important" thing I will ever write on this site. So in defiance of my MO I decided to actually do some keyword research on the title.

"Heart defects," in the plural, seems to get the most hits of any other closely related terms. So what I came up with for the series was "Hope Through Heart Defects," with each section having a short subtitle to set it apart and hopefully diffuse the extent to which the search engines discount me posting a lot of hubs with similar titles.

It sounds crammed and stilted to me, though, even though in my limited SEO knowledge it also seems pretty start. The phrase "heart defects" is a popular search and a dead-on relevant keyword. The word "Hope" is a one-word clue that the hubs are inspirational, and it also, by sheer coincidence, happens to be my daughter's middle name. It seems as if both belong in the title. We've even got some alliteration going on.

But I'm still not happy with the final result. I've fiddled with "Hope and Heart Defects," "On Heart Defects and Hope," various other options. "Hope Through Heart Defects" just seemed best and got the most positive reaction from family members I talked with. But just like myself, no one was knocked over by it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a better title? Is it actually a good title for getting the hubs exposure and I'm just over-thinking the aesthetics? Help!

2. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 4 years ago

Do you think that this is one of those hubs, because it is so important to you and so personal, that you just have to choose the title based on what your heart tells you?

You could use the capsule headers to get your key words in and make sure that they are also in the body text and that you have the right tags.

Good luck with these hubs Eric, and I hope that they will be very successful.