Is Your Profile Name Your Real Name Or Is It Something Else?

1. Lady Guinevere profile image59
    Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago

I just mis interpreted someones name as not being their real name or their real business ID and they got highly upset that I would question that.  Well I do know that I don't use my real name and alot of others do not either.  How many possible reasons are there that one would not choose your real name or on the other side choose your real name and how could anyone know the difference if they are a new member?
    I did apologize to this person because I didn't think that I sounded mean or nasty or harsh.  I really didn't know if his handle or alias was what he really did in real life and so I questioned him on it and got that Minister thing again!  ????????????????????

2. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

I regret not using my real name when I signed up at hubpages - I thought it was just a screen name but it became my brand! I now use my real name on similar sites - which is Lis Sowerbutts (short for Elisabeth) - I use lissie as a handle quite often because its relatively easy to get and 3 letters is unacceptably short on a lot of forums but I acutally don't use Lissie in real-life at all!

1. B.T. Evilpants profile image60
      B.T. Evilpantsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Real or not, it has certainly served you well, here! Lissie is a name (or brand) that I associate with super high quality hubs! A brand is just a name, until it earns a reputation, and Lissie has done just that.