jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (20 posts)

how to edit keywords

1. eaglecreek profile image60
    eaglecreekposted 4 years ago

how do i edit keywords in a hub?

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

You can edit anything in a hub except the URL.

So what part exactly do you want to edit?

Keywords are ANY words that searchers type in to reach your content. So any part of your text or tags or title or subtitle.

eaglecreekposted 4 years ago in reply to this

thank you for the reply. so where exactly is the option to change the keywords? i looked everywhere and cant find it.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

If you are talking about tags you choose to edit the hub and click on the box on the right that says tags.

i was referring to the keywords used by the search engines.

where do the "keywords" come from? do we choose them or does hubpages choose them for us? are the keywords chosen automatically from the article?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
        Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Keywords are words that people search for. Like Wry said, any word can be a keyword and if people search for that word or phrase it will show in the results.

thank you for the reply. i may not be explaining my question right lol. i know what keywords are. what i dont know is, how do i input keywords for a hub? how do i edit keywords in a hub?

its been a while since i wrote anything here and i dont remember.

here is an example of what i am talking about: i write travel articles for a travel site. when i complete an article i load it on the site. i then add many things before submitting the final draft, one of the options i have on this site is i can manually input keywords that would be used to search for my article.  i can also go back and change these if i like.

do we have this option here?

1. John Holden profile image60
            John Holdenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, but we call them tags!

awesome john!! thank you now i get it. i have always referred to these as keywords and not tags. now it all makes sense.

I suppose it helps to differentiate between keywords actually in your hub and keywords set aside for search engines.

Oh I know what I mean, one glass too many smile

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
                  Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

lol

Don't mock the afflicted smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image95
            Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's important to note that even on that travel site, there's not much benefit in entering a keyword after editing, if you haven't also used that keyword at least twice in your article.

2. eaglecreek profile image60

thank you uninvited, you answered my question right away i just had no idea tags = keywords.

wow so much has changed since last time i was here.

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
        Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You should take your keywords and use them as tags, but tags are NOT the same thing as keywords. If you just use your keywords as tags, you're missing the whole point.

You don't "input" keywords to anything. 

Keywords are words in the text of your Hub.

To make money, you need to write Hubs on topics people are searching for.  Those Hubs will then appear in Google search results when people are searching for that topic.

To get included in the search results, you need to use the exact words people are typing into the search engines.  Those are "keywords".

Google doesn't pay any attention to tags on HubPages, so you must use those keywords in your Hub title and sub-titles, and also a few times in your text.  Don't get too enthusiastic and over-use them, or Google will decide you're trying to game the system, and dump your Hub altogether.

thank you for the info marisa

4. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago

Hi, EagleCreek - I know how confusing it is to find various edit features!

Keywords are on the right side of the page when you're in the edit mode.  You can also see them when you're not in edit (and, it appears, you can add, etc.).  They're in the same section where you see the word Summsry, but instead of keywords, it's labeled Tags. 

Click on Tags, and you'll see a box where you can enter the words. You can enter just one word, or an entire phrase.  To delete, press the X next to the tag and it will go away.  It's useful to enter words in your title, or words people might use when searching for your hub. You can enter quite a few of them, so don't worry about that part.

Also, just in case you don't have a summary, be sure to fill out a brief description of your hub in the Summary box. 

I hope this helps - please let me know if I can help you?  Check a few hubs from various writers to get a feel for how they're using both tools/features.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Keywords and tags are different, see Marisa's post. smile

5. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

To edit a tag: delete it and replace it with the desired version.

working