jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)

478 views... no clicks!?

1. jamiew12310 profile image79
    jamiew12310posted 4 years ago

My Google AdSense account says I have 478 page views, but no clicks, giving me a grand total of £0.03. Any ideas why no-ones clicking?

1. LeanMan profile image81
      LeanManposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Normally you get adsense type clicks when people see adverts that answer their problems - so to use an overused niche if someone was searching for an acne cure and they found a page with adverts for a new wonder cure they may click... However people searching for how to make a balloon dog may not see any relevant balloon dog solving adverts that they may wish to click.... So it will depend a lot on what you write about..
      Also if your views are coming from HP or social traffic they rarely click - you need search traffic from Google..

1. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'll second this.

2. hazelwood4 profile image82
        hazelwood4posted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is some awesome advice on why people click on Adsense Ads.  Thank you so much for sharing this excellent advice.

2. Teylina profile image61
    Teylinaposted 4 years ago

LeanMan, thanks for the answer. I, too, had wondered but never asked!

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

You also might want to consider trying HubAds instead--and compare the CPM.

1. jamiew12310 profile image79
      jamiew12310posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well I'm earning a lot more through HubPages Ad Program, but I don't know how to check CPM on that?

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

"my account", "earnings", "earnings reports".  Change "all programs" to "ad program" and submit it.  Look around the report.

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Oh, so you're on the HubAds program?  Then you won't get many Adsense clicks as there are very few Adsense spots on your hubs.

5. Don Simkovich profile image61
    Don Simkovichposted 4 years ago

I see you're relatively new. You're getting some good advice on here. I am on the HP Adprogram. I have a few blogs where I use Google Adsense.

Continue writing "niche" hubs -- whether travel for one city you know well, how-to subjects like "how to ________" and think of anything along your line of biology where people may want to explore more and click for further research.

One of my most successful hubs is one gasoline and it took 8 months from the time I first wrote it to generate traffic. Some of your hubs may take a few months. Don't worry about stats too much at this point, either.

People often go online to learn "how" to do something.

6. Eric Newland profile image60
    Eric Newlandposted 4 years ago

I just hit 6,000 views. I think I've had two Adsense clicks.

7. jamiew12310 profile image79
    jamiew12310posted 4 years ago

Thanks a lot everyone. I guess the majority of money comes from the Hub ad program then.. is there anyway to disable adsense ads altogether?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
      mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

That would not be in your best interest either, as you can earn money from clicks on the one remaining Adsense block even if you have HP Ads as your main income source, if you removed this one Adsense Ad block you would cut your potential income, and in any case there is no way to do this. I generally hit payout every month or every other month at the longest from Adsense, and most of that income comes from my hubs on HP as opposed to other sites I use my Adsense code on. I always hit payout on HP Ads too (so far by a long way), but the Adsense income is welcome too.

8. Don Simkovich profile image61
    Don Simkovichposted 4 years ago

I agree with mistyhorizon. There's no need to cut your Adsense account. Leave it. And perhaps start a little site or blog on blogger and use that for one specific topic. You can use that for Google Adsense.

9. Rain Defence profile image97
    Rain Defenceposted 4 years ago

Try adsense only for a month. Then hubpages ad program for a month. Whichever gives you more money is the one to stick with.

10. melpor profile image90
    melporposted 4 years ago

I used both the Hub Ad program and Adsense to generate money. I earned most of my earnings from the Hub Ad program where I now earn enough to get just about a payout every month. You will get clicks on Adsense from time to time just keep it on and be patient. I should be getting payout from the Adsense ads in a few months. Getting clicks is a very random and unpredictable action. There is no magic formula here. Just write interesting topics.

11. Teylina profile image61
    Teylinaposted 4 years ago

I still feel new even though I've been on here two years. I had so much trouble when I first came on board with Adsense, I just ignored it. Figured what few pennies or dollars I might make really weren't worth worrying about. I had hoped before I joined to make some money, but I've not seen that it's been truly worth it to me. Not sorry I never signed up.

working