jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

re-setting E-Mail Notification

1. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 5 years ago

I have tried unsucessfully several times to get to the page that permits me to reset my Notification settings, because I am receiving postings from every writer.
    Every time I get to the personal question security page, my personal answers are rejected and I am forced to wait 24 hours to try again. In the mean time I continue receiving Hubs from every writer.

I need urgent help to get past this problem so that I can work at my own writings. Today I woke up to 564 E-Mails Hubs from people I don't even know on topics I could care less about.

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So you went to your profile, went to email settings and clicked 'never' in all boxes? Make sure you have 'never in at least most boxes.

Also, when you comment in a forum, make sure the 'follow this forum thread' box is unchecked.

I'll keep looking for somewhere else they may have auto email from.

Dave Mathewsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Actually I cannot access my email settings. I get directed to some silly page that asks me to identify myself through some security questions, but then Hub will not accept my answers, and I am forbidden for 24 hours to try again, and around and around we go.

1. lobobrandon profile image83
          lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hmm? I get them in one mail that's just the hubs of the people I'm following.

I used to get them that way and then over the weekend something went screwy. From Sunday to Monday I got hubs and questions from over 540 different writers I never heard from.

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
              couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ok, so the answer to your security question is the problem. Any chance you wrote it down somewhere? You may have to contact staff for help. They can access your account and help you change your security question or otherwise get you in.

My answer is correct unless I have answered it in both lower and upper case letters.
                I appreciate your help thank you.

working