jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

News Feed Wonkiness

1. Marian Swift profile image61
    Marian Swiftposted 7 years ago

Just tried to add a news feed to a new Hub.  Preview shows plenty of good, relevant news stories, but when I save it, all I get is "no news found."

A couple of my published Hubs also suffer from on-again, off-again, news feeds.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

1. larryfreeman profile image83
      larryfreemanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi Marian,

On which of your hubs are you seeing problems with the news feed?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I no longer use the news capsule, as I've had this problem repeatedly with the Yahoo news feed.  I use the RSS capsule exclusively and pull my feeds from Google. 

According to older threads on this same topic, Paul said it's due to HubPages exceeding the allowable requests for info from the Yahoo site, or something to that effect.

3. Marian Swift profile image61
    Marian Swiftposted 7 years ago

Wow, Larry ... I really didn't expect a staff reply 'til Monday!

Can I post the link to an unpublished Hub?  If not, I'll e-mail it to the team.

One published "no-news" Hub is:

But the problem is intermittent.  This Hub's news feed is behaving ... at the moment:

Relache ... I think I alllllmooost know how to do that RSS thing!  Thanks for the advice, and will tinker with it later.

4. Jerilee Wei profile image94
    Jerilee Weiposted 7 years ago

I've experienced this problem frequently, and found that before I save the news feed I should just wait about a minute, then click on save.  I thought maybe it happens because I hit save too fast?