jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

can we stop article theft

1. bmcoll3278 profile image83
    bmcoll3278posted 4 years ago

I did a simple google search and found a snipit of code to disable copy and paste.
    If this code was added to the header file for the articles pages it would slowdown theft those to lazy to write their own article are also to lazy to type then in by hand. I know it can be disabled but many of the thief's wont know that.
    So how do we ask Hubpagers admin to think about adding it.
    Here are two links to pages that offer the code for free.
    http://www.hypergurl.com/norightclick.html
    http://www.boogiejack.com/no_copy_paste.html

2. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

This has been debated over and over again! Professional article stealers have their own ways around this - even an amateur simply has to look at 'source' to be able to get most of the text.

You even have software including MS Word that allows you to speak and it will type for you - so while these types of software may stop a few, the thief whose dedicated to their trade will not be stopped.

bmcoll3278posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the answer . I liked you blog and I joined webanswers from your link

1. SimeyC profile image89
        SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! Let me know if you need to know anything about WA!

already answered a few. user there same as here.

3. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 4 years ago

Hmmm...that's interesting........I know that my business competitors have copied material from my website, but so far that I know, no one has copied what I have written on HubPages, but I'm fairly new.

I don't know of my work being taken either but 'Im not that good LOL. I have heard a lot of talk about it though

working