jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

New Hubber

1. ashleeosborn profile image61
    ashleeosbornposted 4 years ago

I just recently posted my first hub, and I was looking for any constructive criticism, writing tips or anything else you have to offer me. Help a newbie out?

Here's the article:
    http://ashleeosborn.hubpages.com/hub/Wh … est-Friend

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The layout of your hub is good. I would recommend using your Ebay or Amazon capsules to generate more revenue. I would also try to add more pics and split your reasons into separate capsules. Overall you are off to a wonderful start. Welcome to HP! smile

2. peachpurple profile image79
      peachpurpleposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Your hub is good. You may include some links to other hubs related to your topic and add polls. Your readers will stay on your hub

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

Welcome to HubPages ashleeosborn.  You are off to a great start.  You have written interesting and helpful content, added an interesting image, and broken down your tips into bite sized pieces.

Add a summary.  I have trouble with this part too, but it helps to end the hub with a call to action or help them remember what you have told them.

You may want to move your photo down a block so that an ad can be placed in the first space.  I'm not sure how well that works with the proposed new formatting, but for now, having the ad in the first place means at least one will be seen.

You may also want to add a caption to your image, preferably using keywords that people will use to find your hub.

I would probably break the first paragraph into two paragraphs, just so there is more white space there.  Since people haven't seen the rest of your hub yet, they may not know that you are not going to give them big walls of text.

I was a little bit confused by this statement, "(but, come on, that personality could be ignored for just a minute while I touched those abs!)"  I think I can see how that relates to the sentence before it, but it really isn't clear.

Again, your hub is great and you really don't need to change a thing, but I like to keep tweaking all of my hubs, and these are the changes I would make if it were my hub.