jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Paypal Alternative For HubPages Ad Program

1. surefire profile image84
    surefireposted 4 years ago

I have seen a number of posts on the forum about an alternative to Paypal and hoping to see an announcement from the Admin about this rather urgent matter for a lot of Hubbers.

I wonder if any alternative is on the way.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image79
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

In many other forum discussions it has also been noted that there will be no alternative to Paypal in the immediate to near future.

Potential reasons can be;

Costly to set up
      An admin nightmare to maintain
      Paypal is used in many countries and is operated by an international company.

Alternatives are possible, but don't hold your breath.

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Agree with Jase

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I doubt it.  I've been a member on other sites for several years, where this issue has come up repeatedly, and the answer is always "no".

HP is able to recruit more than enough writers from the countries that do offer Paypal, so there's no need for them to incur extra costs to attract writers from the countries that don't.   HP is a business - they're not going to invest money in an extra service if it isn't going to increase their profit.

2. surefire profile image84
    surefireposted 4 years ago

I am glad that my post has received so many replies and sorry also that I haven't been able to acknowledge them sooner because of personal work.

So first thank you all for taking time to make replies.

And with due to respect to you and your views, I feel that this issue of providing alternative to Paypal may please be considered by the HubPages Admin so that many more people could participate in this program - this of course is my view, though.

Thanks again