jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Slideshow Views Verses Hub Views - What's Your Ratio

1. GmaGoldie profile image87
    GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago

I have a 2.4 ratio for slideshows verses hub views.

After 2 years, I am thrilled, I have a little over 380,000 slideshow views and 159,998 in hub views.

380000/160000 = 2.375

This account is mainly about the visual - with emphasis upon home remodeling, great artists, barbie dolls, holiday decorations and fitness posters.

This is perhaps not the best money making strategy but it was a fun way for me to get started.

What is your ratio? What ratio do you feel is indicative of a profitable strategy?

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am not sure about the profitability of the slide shows, however, one hub in particular of mine has 75 percent more slide show views that hub views. Not sure how that happens and how people view the slide show without actually viewing the hub that it resides on.  I do know that there are a few Google ads on the slide show, so I would presume I make some money off of them.

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Have you ever looked at the slideshow.....?

Each image from your hub comes up on a single page. So for seven images you'd get seven views.

1. lobobrandon profile image81
          lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

WryLilt it would be wise to keep the slide show option open if you've got enough pics as most people just see the pics it would increase the time people spend on your pages. I have a hub where the average time was 5 mins and I'm not sure if this was the reason but ever since I allowed slide show views it jumped to about 7 mins (just 15 pics)

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

I always turn off the slideshow option, as I never really saw the point of having the same picture in two places. smile

1. rmcrayne profile image94
      rmcrayneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Although my AdSense earnings have remained very low since last Feb, I routinely get clicks from slideshow on hubs.

1. mts1098 profile image84
        mts1098posted 4 years ago in reply to this

although it is too early to calculate my ratio, I will keep this in mind...thanks and cheers