jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Using photos and youtube videos?

1. Rachael A. Lund profile image62
    Rachael A. Lundposted 8 years ago

Hi,  I'm new here and have been reading a ton on here to find out what I can and can't do before I create my first hub.  What are the rules when it comes to using photos you find on the web?  What are the rules for using youtube videos?   Thanks, Rachael

2. darkside profile image79
    darksideposted 8 years ago

If the Youtube video allows embedding, then use it to your hearts content.

If there is a copyright dispute then the copyright owner can take it up with Youtube. If found to be in violation they'll disable the video. Which will mean it will no longer play in your Youtube Capsule.

Rachael A. Lundposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That's great! Thanks.

3. Whitney05 profile image63
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

As for youtube, people who post their videos get the option to allow other people to embed them in their own sites, so if the person doesn't want you to have their video, they will typically not offer an embedded code for you to use.

As for pictures, it's best to ask permission before you take. That or you can use some of the sites that offer pictures to use at your own will- some of these sites you may have to purchase a registration others are free.

Rachael A. Lundposted 8 years ago in reply to this

This is helpful, thanks.

4. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 8 years ago

to be safe:

go to creative commons .com

then search for images that allow commercial use....the previous statements that say ask are correct (which tends to work fine if an email is listed and the individual actually checks their email) avoid the wait use free licensed images from cc.org,/com  good luck!

working