jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Who do you follow?

1. Anishpat profile image86
    Anishpatposted 5 years ago

Do you follow everyone who follows you? How do you decide who to follow? And does your score reflect who or how many profiles you follow?

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image88
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If I find a great hub and it looks like I'll read other hubs by that same author, I follow.
      If someone follows me, I look at the author's list of hubs. If the hubs are on topics that interest me, I read one or two to see if this hubber is a good writer. If so, I follow.
      While someone following me will cause me to look at that person's list of hubs, I never follow someone because that person followed me.
      I never go on following sprees.

2. Ms Dee profile image86
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

I do not follow everyone who follows me. I follow only those who I think may ever come up with a hub I'd be interested in reading. I get the impression that the number of those we follow impacts our own traffic more than our profile score, as long as we are reading and commenting on some of our follower's hubs.

3. rmcrayne profile image93
    rmcrayneposted 5 years ago

Excessive following will lower your hubber score. 

Some people go on "fanning sprees" hoping they will get followed in return.  This will lower your hubber score.  Recently a hubber's score went all the way down to one, despite having well written hubs.  It took weeks to claw her way back up to the 80s. 

If someone follows you, go to their profile and read some of their hubs.  Would you follow them if you found them in the feed, or by chance?  If the answer is no, then don't follow them.

4. Kiwi Max profile image82
    Kiwi Maxposted 5 years ago

WoW, is that really a true story Rmcrayne?

Thanks for shedding some light on the topic, I can get a little careless with following other hubbers myself.

1. rmcrayne profile image93
      rmcrayneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely true.  She's not the only one, but there was a forum thread a couple months ago by this particular hubber that I'm thinking of.

1. Kiwi Max profile image82
        Kiwi Maxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So how is hubscore calculated exactly?

1. rmcrayne profile image93
          rmcrayneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No one knows exactly.  It's shrouded in secrecy.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/understanding-stats

1. Kiwi Max profile image82
            Kiwi Maxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ah, thank you for this. They do explain the factors that influence your hub rating.

working