jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

How does Google traffic works?

1. alexadry profile image92
    alexadryposted 4 years ago

One of my articles on marriage (not really my favorite topic to talk about but hey, yields good traffic!) is on the first page of Google for the keywords I wanted. It has been on the very first page top spot for like a year or so. Lately another two websites took top spot and second spot, pushing my article in third place. The traffic is much lower now and it affects my earnings...So I fix my article up, improve it and it goes back to top spot (Google must like fresh content!). A day passes by, and then third spot again, I fix it up, goes back to top spot and then another day goes by, and I even end up being fourth! I check the competitor articles and they are never updated! One is actually yahoo answers! What would cause such ups and downs? Feels like a roller coaster ride! What can I do to go back to top spot and STAY THERE once and for all as it was for almost a year? I am tired of fixing up just to see it rank first place for a day just to make me happy and then go back to third, fourth spot. Any help on understanding what is going on is appreciated!

1. lobobrandon profile image84
      lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I wonder if backlinks could be playing a role. Try writing a article and posting it somewhere linking back to your hub. It may do the trick. Worked for one of mine.

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Google doesn't want just one article it rise to the top and sit there.  They want strong and fresh results, so if you don't want to keep up the effort to maintain that type of content, you're in the wrong game.

1. alexadry profile image92
        alexadryposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I understand that, but does this entail updating the article on a daily basis? if the other sites don't raise a finger how can they be surpassing me all the time?  I think lobobrandon is right, backlinks may be the key, perhaps these people are tweeting all day or creating backlinks on a daily basis? it's just odd how  my article goes from spot 1 to spot 2 and then spot 3 just within hours on the day I don't add something new! if I continue adding something each day my article will get 5,000 words long!

2. paradigmsearch profile image91
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm. Yours truly hasn't done any worthwhile updates in awhile. I think I'll go remedy that.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

If it's a good subject, why not write another Hub on the same topic but different area? example --> how to dress your groom may be 1st Hub, make 2nd Hub, best outfits for the groom. smile

3. Len Cannon profile image90
    Len Cannonposted 4 years ago

Witchcraft. Quantum math. Positive thinking.