jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Favorite Author Button

1. davenmidtown profile image87
    davenmidtownposted 4 years ago

Besides the follow button might I suggest a Favorite Author button that has a function of elevating specific writers above those that you follow. The perk would be that a Favorite Author's work would always appear in your feed regardless of topic. It would be a great way to support the writers we want to read regularly.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I only follow a handful of people, because those are the ones I want to read the work of.

2. Bendo13 profile image86
      Bendo13posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think that it'd be cool as well if there were a section in the sidebar on your profile then that showed who your favorite authors were (which you could choose to make public or not).

That way you could give props to them through your profile and it'd be a way of sharing the love and giving your readers someone else to check out.

2. Eric Newland profile image59
    Eric Newlandposted 4 years ago

It almost sounds like, "Is there a way I can seperate the people I actually WANT to follow from the people I follow just so I can get a follow-back?"

Probably not your intention, but I would question the spirit and effect of such an option if it actually came about.

davenmidtownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

For me I want a way to ensure the certain writers always show up in my daily hub feed. For instance, I follow people and topics but if someone I really like to read writes a hub in a topic that I do not follow... it may not show up in my feed. This forum was prompted by sever really good hubs from some of my favorite writers, that did not show up in my feed until seven months after they had been written. So having a favorite author button might be a way to include their work on topics that I might not follow.  I don't follow very many people as it is... so the whole follow back thing does not apply. I just want a way to keep track of writers that I like as they drift more into different topics.

Also: Sometimes when I work with new writers I may follow them and their progress to make sure they are getting the most out of hubpages...but those writers do not always show up in my feed...

3. Kiwi Max profile image83
    Kiwi Maxposted 4 years ago

Yeah, I think I see what you mean. Let me see if I got this right...

Say I follow 50 hubbers.

Each hubber writes 1 hub in 1 day

I get notified by hubpages that 50 new hubs have been published by my authors, however, there is no particular order which hubs appear first.

With this new button, you can select your favourite authors (say I select 5/50) and these 5 hubs by my favourite 5 authors will appear first.

Sounds like a good idea to me, I'd definitely agree on this. I'm not sure if that's what you mean lol, sorry If I got this completely wrong.

That is mostly right... except that I am not getting notified when followers write a hub. I get some notification, and I think it has to do with whether or not I follow the topic that they post in. So I see... a difference between following a hubber and following a hub topic. For some writers... I want to be notified each time the post a new hub.