jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

Your Bookmarks are now available to download

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 4 years ago

We recently discontinued (HubPages internal) Bookmarks, since this was not a popularly-used feature, and we periodically trim unpopular features because each has its associated maintenance costs and adds to the complexity of the site.

If you did use Bookmarks before, however, you can now download an HTML file with them. You can easily import these bookmarks into your Web browser, or use a Web bookmarking service like Delicious. You can also just keep the file on your desktop, and open it up to click on links to your favorite Hubs.

Here is a link to your Bookmarks page. Click the Export Bookmarks as HTML button at the bottom.

We don't have a timeline to discontinue the file, although it's best to download your bookmarks now since there is no ability to add to them anyway.

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

HP really does go beyond common courtesy. HP's work here is just another example of that.

2. Michael Willis profile image77
      Michael Willisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Jason. Exported! Was very easy.

3. Trish_M profile image88
      Trish_Mposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. Done smile

4. Peggy W profile image91
      Peggy Wposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Jason.  Done  smile

2. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 4 years ago

Many thanks.  I have so many Hubs that I never had the chance to digest.  I want to be able to go back and read them.  I'm going to miss the bookmark feature.

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the ample warning that the feature was going away, and for creating a way to download!  I'll miss having the option to bookmark, but maybe I can create a file where I store URLs of hubs I particularly want to keep at hand.  Again, many thanks!

4. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 4 years ago

Downloaded. Thanks! smile

5. Mrs. Menagerie profile image81
    Mrs. Menagerieposted 4 years ago

Thanks...that was easy!  I've been a bookmarkin' fool so I'm really glad to not lose my keepers.

6. Angelique Newman profile image81
    Angelique Newmanposted 4 years ago

I haven't used the bookmark feature; sadly I somehow missed it.  Usually if I see a hub I want to revisit I add it to my favorites on the top right corner of my screen--needless to say the list is incredibly long smile

7. wordscribe43 profile image94
    wordscribe43posted 4 years ago

I will miss the bookmarking feature.  I really loved saving recipes that way...  It surprises me it wasn't a highly used feature, actually.  Anyhoo, thanks for giving us a way to download them.  smile

8. david forman profile image60
    david formanposted 4 years ago

thanks, well done smile

9. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 4 years ago

Thanks, Jason/HP