jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Do most of you immediately delete a hub that has hubscore penalty?

1. 0
    newcapoposted 7 years ago

I checked the FAQ for an answer to this and could not find it in regards to duplicate content.

I have had other hubs written from scratch with no quotations or citations used be flagged for this and I deleted them right away.

What happens to a hubber when they have a hub that has a hubscore penalty and they don't delete it.

Any input is welcomed--thanks!

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

No, I never do this. Why should I? You can always work with the team and solve whatever issues are there smile

3. Maddie Ruud profile image81
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

If your hub contains 100% unique-to-HubPages content, you can email me for a manual review, and I'll double-check for you.

4. rockinjoe profile image85
    rockinjoeposted 7 years ago

I took a hub down months ago to rework it and just put it back up tonight. I then received my first duplicate warning. Surprised at this, I checked Google and discovered that someone had posted my  hub on another website in its entirety. BUT-they included the link to the first time I had it published on Hubpages. Very strange. The link where it is published is below.

http://www.jerkbossesihaveknown.ryeglas … e/2008/02/

1. Maddie Ruud profile image81
      Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well, the link to your hub isn't a live link, and even if it were, posting the article in its entirety without your permission would still be a violation of copyright.  However, that site looks like it's just a splog, copying other people's content and adding their own links for SEO purposes, so it will probably be hard to get them to take it down.  I'd report the site to Google instead.

1. rockinjoe profile image85
        rockinjoeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Maddie,
        I scoured that site and there is not a shred of contact info anywhere. I also went to Whois.net to try and find the owner of the url, but again no luck. Thanks for the advice on reporting to Google. I guess I've got nothing to lose-except a great hub, perhaps.

5. 0
    newcapoposted 7 years ago

Thanks for all the responses on this-I really appreciate it.

I never thought of someone taking a hub and then posting somewhere else on the web, guess I see how that could happen.

Well, in regards to the particular hub that I got a hubscore penalty on, I deleted it. Edited it a bit and reposted. I put some time into it and a lot of it is written about my own personal experiences so that's why I'm suprised it's duplicate.

Thanks for responding Maddie- I will take you up on the manual review offer.

Best to all of you-hope you're weekend is a good one.