jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Hub hopping 99% poetry

1. WorkAtHomeMums profile image87
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 4 years ago via iphone

I just did some hub hopping and out of about 40 hubs I saw, almost all were poetry.  Has there been a poets convention or something? It seems to have become ever so popular. I'm not trying to be offensive. I'm just amazed.

1. mary615 profile image94
      mary615posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think April is national poetry month.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  I follow a lot of poets and they mention that fact in their Hub of poetry.  That's probably why you are seeing more poems.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
        rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, this is true. I believe some are writing a poem a day for the month of April.
        Nothing wrong with that! It's their sub domain. smile

2. WriteAngled profile image90
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

I get the impression that when people cannot be bothered to write the accepted minimum number of words, they spew out the few words they manage to put together into a hub placed in the poetry section, because no minimum word limit applies there.

I have yet to find something that would fit my criterion of poetry on HP!

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is indeed sad at the amount of drivel passed off as poetry here. sad

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
        Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

But they are passionate. Look at all the grief Mark Ewbie got when he posted a hub criticizing haiku smile

3. 0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

Personally, I don't like poetry. Other than a couple of poems that I commented on when I first started HubPages, I don't read any poetry that is posted here.  Or anywhere else.  Oddly enough, poetry got me back into writing when one of my poems was placed in an anthology.  I haven't written a poem since because it was hard enough writing the "rhythm" that goes with it.  Poetry does not hold my attention, and when I see one while Hub hopping or one on my feed, I move on.