jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Can Hubpages fix this issue?

1. hotwebideas profile image82
    hotwebideasposted 4 years ago

I think this has to be fixed. It is not a bug, but it is annoying: When I search for people to connect to in the forums, I see some interesting forum posts to answer some of my questions. If I feel like replying to someone's forum post that has not had responses in a certain amount of time, I see this error:

This Forum Thread is Inactive
    No one has posted in this forum thread for over two months. Please DO NOT reply to this thread UNLESS you have truly new information to add to this conversation. Consider creating a new forum thread instead.

This is quite annoying. I think if Hubpages wants to print this message, the Post A Reply button should not even be available. Instead, a message should appear saying "This Forum Is Inactive and Replying Is Not Recommended." Oh well. LOL

hotwebideasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Actually, adding to this, I think the Advanced Search should include a date range option so we can search for forum posts that are only recent.

2. melbel profile image91
    melbelposted 4 years ago

You can sort search results by date, most recent first.

The message about not replying to a forum post is kind of a warning to those who have nothing super important to add to the thread.

Those who have a question like, "Hey, did you ever figure out what was wrong? I'm having the same problem and was hoping you would guide me," should reply.

Those that want to say something like, "Oh wow, that sucks" should avoid posting.

hotwebideasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey, melbel. that makes sense. Thanks for replying.

working