jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Will HubPages be blocked from viewing by ANYONE in India?

1. Hestia DeVoto profile image61
    Hestia DeVotoposted 4 years ago

Word searches sometimes turn up really interesting tidbits.  Like the below link that came up on a HubPages search.  If I understand the story correctly, a man in India is trying to get material on HubPages that he feels is defamatory about him taken down and if HubPages refuses, there may be a court order which will block the entire site from viewing by anyone in the country of India.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-new … 40760.aspx

Do any of our Hub authors from India want to comment on this?  How would you all feel if you were suddenly cut off from being able to access your accounts here by your own country?

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

I doubt it will come to that. Big threats get made in court but in the end it can take years to go properly through the legal system and there'll probably be some out of court settlement first.

3. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 4 years ago

How weird is that? evidently nobody is allowed to write about him until May 5, so on May 6 everybody will be writing! lol! who is he anyway?

4. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 4 years ago

Seriously I didn't realise what it was about. Just went to take a look at other news about it and evidently the hub was defamatory about him, so fair enough. We as hubbers should be very careful about what we write and who we write about. We have to remember that they are real people, and act accordingly.