jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like to see a new button - could we vote a hub "inspiring"?

1. SidKemp profile image91
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

It's great to acknowledge great hubs. "useful" "funny" "awesome" and "interesting" are great buttons. But I'd like one more. I'd like a button that says "inspiring".

Great hubs keep me going. They inspire me to read, think, and above all write. Others inspire me to get out of bed, or go for a walk, to keep breathing and make my life useful.

Inspiring is, I guess, a special category of "useful." So, for now, if a hub inspires me, I mark it useful. But I'd like to be able to mark it "inspiring"!

1. KrisL profile image84
      KrisLposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I second that idea. "Inspiring" would be perfect when "awesome" seems like too much and "interesting" too little.

2. Eric Newland profile image59
    Eric Newlandposted 5 years ago

I've always figured that combination of votes can more or less convey some of these other things. Seems to me that beautiful + useful = inspiring. Funny + awesome = epic. Interesting + beautiful = sexy. Er...maybe.

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

big_smile

2. SidKemp profile image91
      SidKempposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Eric - thanks - I think I'll use beautiful + useful for now. I still hope to see an "inspiring" button. It would be, well, inspiring!

3. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

I would think that if you really found a hub inspiring, you would be moved to say so in a comment rather than simply hitting a button and moving on to something else.

1. KrisL profile image84
      KrisLposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree WriteAngled!

But people can also see the Hub Feedback of hubbers they are thinking of following and "inspiring" would be a useful addition there.

working