jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

1. Marsei profile image87
    Marseiposted 4 years ago

I know everyone hates people who ask questions that have been asked on HubPages before and I apologize if this one has.  There is a long complicated thing about opening an ad box, pasting an html, etc. in order to generate ads.  I had not been indexed by Google yet because I applied when I only had two hubs -- didn't know any better.  I'm wondering if this is necessary, this ad box, as have aways had ads on my hubs from the beginning.  Again, I apologize if this has been answered before and I did go to the learning center and no luck.  I don't know how to do what they are talking about and will have to hire my very expensive computer woman to do it.
    Any helpful answers are welcome.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You don't need to do anything to get ads on your hubs.

You WILL need to be accepted by google adsense to get paid for them, though.  When you have been accepted and given HP your google account # 60% of the views will carry that # and you will be paid by google.  Until that time HP is getting all the income from the ads.

This is all explained in the learning center as well, and to a greater degree.

2. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

To the best of my recollection...

Once you have been approved for adsense and given your account#, go to,

And then click "configure" for adsense and follow the prompts, etc.

You will then be done. No html required.

1. Marsei profile image87
      Marseiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I thank both you and Wilderness for taking time to answer.  You
      relieved some anxiety.  Not I can write in peace when I get this pile of editing done!

3. Marsei profile image87
    Marseiposted 4 years ago

I thank you so  much for this answer.  The hmtl thing was very confusing and knowing that I don't have to do that is a relief.  I pretty much understand the rest of it from the learning center.  Thank you again for taking time to answer.