Click fraud

1. Jlbowden profile image80
    Jlbowdenposted 4 years ago

Another fellow writer here on hubpages recently shared a link to a article in reference to potential click fraud. Apparently invalid clicks can be made through google analytics on various ads and in turn affect your adsense account. However the article link that I have included here for all to read is great information if you are not aware of this currently. If you do have google analytics and google adsense already configured on hubpages perhaps this would be beneficial to you as well. Especially if you want to be alerted via a mobile device for example by invalid clicks on Ads that can possibly get you banned from google adsense in the future, if the ad clicks turn out not to be valid. Please read the following and provide feedback and your feeling on this if you wish. Do you think this is something that we all should be more concerned about? If you are already aware of this issue, then you're one step ahead of the game. … lid-Clicks

2. Express10 profile image87
    Express10posted 4 years ago

I have been aware of this and I have seen one person's hubs in particular actually ASK their readers to click on the ads. I sell things online and use PPC and I would be angry if people were clicking my ads that I must pay for just to put pennies into someone else's pockets. From this context, it's difficult for me to understand why anyone would think this to be okay. The company running the ads must pay per click and this type of thing is just wrong.

It's good to know about the mobile alerts option. Depending on the activity level of the fraudulent clicks, could the alerts become cumbersome?

1. Jlbowden profile image80
      Jlbowdenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't think the alerts to a mobile device such as a phone to be cumbersome. Especially if it is alerting you to the fact, that there could be possible click fraud going on within your google accounts. Which in turn could get you banned at a future date from adsense. It is worth doing the extra little work, to investigate this properly, so you in turn are not found to be the culprit and google thinks you are clicking your Ads. Same thing with your bank account for example. You certainly will want to know if someone is trying to illegally hack into one of your accounts. You would want to be alerted by electronic devices etc... about the person, or persons who are trying to steal your funds and personal information without a second thought. The same applies to click fraud. You want to stop clicks that are not genuine clicks made by someone visiting you article, site etc... Doing, this on a continual basis can cause much less problems for you in the future. This is how I at least look at it. It may even benefit you to send a personal email, or question to the hubber who wrote that article; which I had included the link to in my previous post. Hope this bit of information helps you out and good luck with it all!