jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Hubbers sharing their own hubs

1. Suranee1969 profile image84
    Suranee1969posted 5 years ago

Why do some hubbers like to share their hubs with followers?

2. Shadesbreath profile image90
    Shadesbreathposted 5 years ago

Probably the same reason some people like to start forum threads asking the most  vacant and obvious questions. But I'm only guessing. Maybe some deeply insightful conversation will ensue.

Suranee1969posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Shadesbreath.

3. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Because they're too silly to realise:

-Internal traffic doesn't bring backlinks.
    -Internal traffic doesn't bring earnings.
    -New hubs they publish automatically get sent to their followers and news feed anyway.
    -They're bored?

1. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Why would you assume they're "silly"??  Maybe they're just new or just under the impression it's what people do.  I've seen people do and say stuff that's a whole lot "sillier" (or worse) than that.  hmm

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

First word that popped into my head. smile

2. Suranee1969 profile image84

You could be right WryLilt smile In the 4 1/2 months I've been here at Hubpages I've experienced this. I never quite understood why some hubbers resort to sharing their own hubs, but the reasons you've given do make sense. Thank you smile

4. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 5 years ago

I very seldom use that share button.  I don't want to bore people with "reruns" of my work.  Even if I did a few updates.  I like reading only new stuff on my feed.  I have my favorite writers and know where to find them.  But you can't stop people from going crazy with the share button.  It's also a way to kill time in-between writing Hubs or avoiding writing altogether. 

Someone put the word out last year that sharing your work and the work of others will help them out in the traffic department.  This doesn't change things for me.  I'll leave the old stuff alone.  And this includes my own Hubs.

1. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not a big fan of seeing re-runs come through either.   

Everybody's so different and does his own thing for his own reasons.  I actually wish their were a way to stop some Hubs from being automatically shared.  (I've got my reasons.  smile  )

There's the same kind of "variety" with sharing Hubs on Facebook/Twitter, etc. very individually too (and most often for their own reasons too).     http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/95963

Lisa HW,

I'm not a fan either but as you've stated, people do have their reasons for doing it.

Thank you for the link. I found it to be an interesting and useful discussion.

2. Suranee1969 profile image84

Arlene V. Poma, 

The only time I use the share button is if I want to share my hub or the hub of another hubber on twitter and facebook. I also use the share button when I find an interesting and useful hub which I want to share with my followers here at Hubpages.

working