jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

vendettas, competition and other shady tricks...

1. Jesusjohn78 profile image80
    Jesusjohn78posted 4 years ago

Has anyone else noticed that people will go through and just flag all your hubs that may relate to a certain topic because it ranks highly on google searches and already covers topics other people write about?

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

How do you know people are flagging them? Flagging does nothing but add them to the moderation queue, so they can flag all the want - but the hubs will only be unpublished if they break the rules.

If Hubpages moderators notices a substantial number of hubs with rule breakages, they will likely go through the rest of your hubs to check, or unpublish them all because they assume all of them are rule breakers.

2. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 4 years ago

They can flag them all they want, but if there is nothing wrong with them the moderators will not unpublish them or flag them to you for amendment.

3. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 4 years ago

I have flagged hubs that break the rules whilst looking at other hubs already published in new niches that I wanted to write about for my other accounts. Nothing to do with vendettas or trying to get rid of the competition, often they have copied, spun and just generally written total crap so I flag it.. As wryLitt says you will only be unpublished if you break the rules so flagging does nothing if there is nothing wrong with the hub except annoy the moderators so it may just backfire on you!

The more that people do read other hubs in niches that they want to write in and identify the rubbish that needs to be removed from the site the better!

4. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 4 years ago

It's simple, break the rules and get flagged.

Flagging only alert the moderation team, it does not automatically unpublish your hubs. If you have several hubs that broke the rules, team will most likely moderate all your hubs to make sure they are within the guidelines.

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

You don't know who flags you, and it only matters if you are breaking hub rules.  So I can't say it bothers me. One thing might help you avoid trouble would be thinning out your tags to only those that are directly relevant.