jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

recipe features not working

1. cascoly profile image60
    cascolyposted 4 years ago

i've added recipe ratings, ingredients, pictures and cooktime capsules to 1/2 my recipe hubs and seen no change in trafic.  in addition, they're not even seen by google searches!

eg, a google search for 'Hunan Ginger Pepper Pork'
    shows my hub 1st on the first page. but under recipes it doesnt appear at all - and there are only 3 listings!  this hub was updated more than a week ago.

search for "Lamb Eggplant with YuXiang sauce" and my hub again shows on 1st page of results.  it again doesnt show up - interestingly - the recipe search does produce my website page that just links to the hubpage!

has HP done any studies to test the efects of adding these new capsules?

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can test that your Hub has the right format, and preview how it could appear with the Google Rich Snippets Testing Tool.  Just being in the right format (which your Hubs are) does not guarantee that Google will display it in that format in the search results.  They also say "It may take some time for rich snippets to appear in search results or Place Pages".

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for that link. The 5 stars I gave myself showed right up. big_smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

And that link also caused me to realize that I had to modify my titles! Thanks again!