jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Attn Staff: HP error! Editing not show up when Hub is shared anywhere!

1. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 4 years ago

After spending close to 5 hours editing a hub yesterday evening, (which should have only took maybe an hour!!!!!),last night and again this morning I get the OLD hub before editing when I try to share it on my Facebook page or any other site.
    Is this what my readers see also??? Only I can see the changes since I am signed in?

Something needs to be done about the text box when you paste in your text. Many others have also reported this and it has not been fixed! You paste in your text and additional spacing is added between the top sentence, bottom and every paragraph. You have to go back and delete all this extra spacing and HOPE it stays when you save. Sometimes you still have to go back and fix it after you save the changes.

What is up with the photo capsule and photos taking soooooo long to load? And sometimes the page freezing up? Then you have to exit edit and start over several times? After 5 times trying to load one pic, I finally...got it to show up.

Of course, I keep seeing the pop-up that says error, please post this in forums. So, here it is.

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
      Jason Menayanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

1. Re: the edited Hub. You can email our support team and they can look into what's going on. Please share as much detail as you can in that email.

2. When you paste text from another source, it often carries with it all sorts of formatting. You might consider transferring it first to something like Notepad which will strip out unnecessary line breaks, and then copying it over to your Hub.

Michael Willisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Jason. I did just email staff right as you replied. lol
        A lot of us use WORD. I have always used word, since I find it easier than Notepad. It has only been the last couple of months I have seen this become an issue. But it is always an issue now.

Again, thanks for responding Jason.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Pasting from WORD is an issue almost everywhere!  Word has a lot of hidden formatting, which does strange things when you try to paste it anywhere else. 

In the past, HubPages has made a real effort to solve that problem, but every time Word has an update, it can upset the good work HP has done. 

The best advice is to write in Word, copy and paste the final draft into Notepad, then copy and paste it from there.  You lose Word's extraneous code but you usually don't lose the important formatting (like bold, italics etc).

Michael Willisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thing is Marissa, I never update the issue of Word I use. It is the same as it always was. Have used it close to 3 years here now and never had problems until a lot of changes started on HP recently.

I am hoping to see someone who can look into the program and see if they can show me how to make an adjustment to Word, if possible, to try to work with HP.