jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Lottery articles ok? Mega Millions and Powerball

1. 61
    D Teamposted 4 years ago

I know some subjects are banned and I thought I saw somewhere on here that lottery games might be one of them, but I can't find anything specific.

Years ago I build a lottery statistics website, and would like to use the data I have to write articles here on HP.

Is that cool, and can I link to my lottery statistics website?

1. Express10 profile image87
      Express10posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've seen more than a few of these articles on HP so I think you would be fine writing your own original content. You can link but don't provide more than one link to any single source per article.

2. 61
    D Teamposted 4 years ago

Thanks. I poked around as well, and looks like I should be safe.

I just looked at my Google Adsense numbers for March, for my own website(numbersplanet), when Mega Millions had that crazy $600m jackpot, my traffic shot up 10 fold. Crazy!

Anyway, thanks for the reply. My HP article is going up momentarily.

3. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

I guess it is worth considering this as it may or may not be relevant to your link

From HubPages TOS (called terms of use) and accessed at foot of the page - this is one of the items listed -

In Your use of the Service You must abide by the following restrictions and prohibitions on use. As a Service User or Author, You may Not:

"Promote gambling or links to sites that promote/offer gambling for money."

4. 61
    D Teamposted 4 years ago

that's the one I remember seeing somewhere along the way. I have only one link in my article back to my own website, so hopefully they let it live. Not really promoting gambling, so if they flag my article, they need to flag all the other lottery articles.

Trying to get back in the HP groove after being away for a few months, lost my mother in Jan and still haven't quite got into the mood to do anything outside the daily grind of the day job and other necessities.

Anyway, thanks again.