jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Amazon Earnings Verses eBay

1. American_Choices profile image83
    American_Choicesposted 4 years ago

I earn money from HubPages and I am now earning money even on eBay but my Amazon earnings are nil.

Why do I even have Amazon capsules?

Is there something I can do about this lack of revenue?

My articles are well suited to many Amazon books but I am not placing the capsules because there is no monetary incentive.

What is the missing piece in this puzzle?

Please review.

I do have an "Amazon" number but never have received a cent from Amazon.

What gives?

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Scanning your hub titles, relatively few are suited to Amazon products.  To be successful at Amazon I think you must put that before Adsense - an Amazon oriented hub should be written for the purpose of selling a product.  A review from personal experience maybe, or comparison between products.  I wrote on how to paint a bathtub and sold several of the special epoxy kits for that purpose - hard to find things to accomplish what the hub is talking about often works even though not the thrust of the hub.  I like to put both eBay and Amazon side by side for a comparison - maybe get both the cheap guy and the one wanting quality or afraid of auction sites.

"Kitchen faucets" sticks in my mind - a good place for Amazon capsules.  So why are they all at the very end instead of above the fold where readers will immediately see them?  It's like they were just an afterthought in the hope something might sell.  That seldom works in my experience.  Could you replace some of the photos with Amazon capsules on that brand with good ad pics?  Use the amazon capsule as a picture as well as a selling tool? 

Something to think about is the traffic to hubs dedicated to selling.  Amazon clicks might be 5 or 10%, of which maybe 5% buy (better around Christmas of course).  Out of 10,000 views to Amazon oriented hubs, then, you might see 25 sales.

It took me nearly 18 months to see payout ($10) in one month, but then skyrocketed around the Christmas season to $200 per month (and then fell to $20 after New Years).  Don't give up.

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image88
        Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Rats. I went to look at your product hubs and they're all in technology. So ads are temporarily disabled. That must make you happy...

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
          Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It has certainly made me unhappy on my technical hubs, lol.  I still do have the Amazon and Ebay there and a couple of Google Ad blocks, that are text only, but have lost several Google ads.

2. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I generally make more money on Amazon than EBay.  But like Wilderness, I have both on my most trafficked hubs.  Most of my sales are on how-to hubs which  feature the products I offer on the page.  Selling random products does happen but not with any frequency.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Informational hubs don't sell items, review, comparison and very specific niche hubs do. For example, which of these searches do you think is more likely to be interested in buying a new blender?

"How to fix my new x84 blender"
    "How to make soup in my blender"

"Best blenders for small families"
    "Matrix blender review"

The first two are looking for information and are unlikely to want to buy a blender; the second two are obviously in the market.

I've got a hub linked on my profile if you want more info on selling Amazon items.

3. American_Choices profile image83
    American_Choicesposted 4 years ago

I perhaps did not ask the correct question.

Are newer Hubbers even earning Amazon dollars? Where can I find the money? I signed up and have an Amazon code but have never seen an Amazon report.

Perhaps I should have asked the HubPages team for assistance.

I just see the money so why even try?!

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You need to login to the Amazon Affiliates tab to see earnings/clicks.