Plagiarism ... can it be stopped?

1. Angie Jardine profile image91
    Angie Jardineposted 4 years ago

This is not new news to many hubbers but I'm confused and would like some clear and simple advice on the steps I can take.

I recently found that quite a few of my hubs had been stolen - in their entirety - and posted one sites such as blogs.fanbox, and to name just a few. Because these people know they are stealing any attempt to contact them has been blocked.

I sent Google a signed fax - I have read they don't accept emails on this matter - detailing all the stolen work showing the date it was written by me and giving the link to the site that had stolen it..

Result: nothing, nada, zilch ... absolutely no contact from Google.

Can anyone suggest anything else? Please?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You have to file a DMCA complaint with Google and maybe with the company that hosts the website. … -complaint

This will stop the Google advertising from appearing on their page, and eventually the site may be taken down. 

You probably won't hear a response though.  I did get a notice back once that my page wasn't found, probably because enough other people had complained about the site to take it down.

If you find that the site has posted other hubs as well, you can post a message to the forums, so we can all take file complaints, adding strength in numbers. Hopefully this will make the site go down faster.