jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

New Recipe Formatting

1. SmartAndFun profile image90
    SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago

I have quite a few recipe hubs, and I want them to show the thumbnail photo on Google results. On April 9 I went through most of my recipe hubs and added a recipe rating capsule to each one, in order to enable the thumbnail photos on Google. Now it's ten days later and when I Google my recipes, no photo is showing. Maybe I misunderstood -- is there more to it than just adding the recipe rating capsule? Do I need to unpublish all my recipes and republish them with the special new recipe layout? What am I doing wrong/not doing right? Thanks in advance for any insight!

1. Jason Menayan profile image61
      Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Google doesn't necessarily always show microformat data every time. However, to determine if it's an implementation problem on your part, or Google just deciding not to show them (currently), you can check your Hubs using the rich snippets tool:

http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets

1. SmartAndFun profile image90
        SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, that was helpful. The thumbnail shows up when I use that tool, just not when I Google it myself. I'm glad to know I implemented it correctly, but sad to know Google is choosing not to display my (hopefully) enticing photos.

1. Jason Menayan profile image61
          Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That can always change. Who knows how they decide, but just because they don't show it today for you when you're googling, doesn't meant they won't show it down the road, or to other searchers/queries.

2. Pamela N Red profile image91
    Pamela N Redposted 5 years ago

I'm uploading a recipe this morning and have a suggestion. It says I can only have one capsule for ingredients. I'm posting a pie recipe and have two sets of ingredients and instructions one for the pie crust and another one for the filling. It's all the same recipe but has two steps that need to be kept separate.

It would be great if we could add more than one of these for recipes like pies that have two steps.

The new format is great. I love the look of it.

working