jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Will you make online writing a full time job at Hubpages?

1. Jonathan Cooper profile image61
    Jonathan Cooperposted 4 years ago

Could it be possible for us to make money online at Hubpages as a full time job? Could online writing at Hubpages earn a basic living for us? Will you believe in Hubpages ad program, Ebay affiliate program, as well as Amazon associate program? Could they really help us to get high paycheck per month? How do you think?

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is a constantly changing site, as are most writing venues.  I would advise against depending on any one writing site for a full time job. Eggs...basket...you know the old adage. smile

2. smokingcupcake profile image83
      smokingcupcakeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think it's possible for the top "hubbers", but it all depends on where they live. Where I lived in the past, I could live comfortably on $15-20, 000 a year. That would be less than $1,700 every month, which some people average on here.

If you want to hit that goal though, you really need to work your booty off. I'd guess that you'd need to publish one or more Hubs every day, and frequently update content with new information. Plus, you'd need a wide range of articles. I can't imagine making that much by focusing on one topic or subject.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 4 years ago

1) possibly but not probably for most people
    2) see above
    3) what do you mean when you say "believe in them?"  I believe they exist and they can earn people money.
    4) the potential is there
    5) with my brain

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ooooh!  Who gotta new do?  smile

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago

HubPages as a fulltime job (I guess that means full source of income rather than amount of time) might be relevant.  The cost of living varies greatly among the countries represented on this site.

4. 0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

I am retired, and HubPages is not a full-time job for me.  It never was.  When you are a freelance writer, you spread yourself around.  I suppose you can make a living here, but to focus on just one online site for income?  No!

5. TheMagician profile image89
    TheMagicianposted 4 years ago

I think it's possible, but like many people said before me, it's not a good idea to keep all your eggs in one basket, plus you'll have to put a HUGE amount of work in as well.

I really enjoy the extra money I make here, and it's given me the push I need to start up a couple niche sites that I've always wanted to. I doubt I'll be giving up running my business anytime soon, but I'm definitely having fun smile