jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

1. jamiew12310 profile image80
    jamiew12310posted 4 years ago

I have just 18 followers despite writing 29 hubs, yet I see people with 10 hubs who have 150 followers.. what do these people do to get so many followers?

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I looked at your hubs, and it seems that you mostly write for a niche audience. So I wouldn't worry about not having too many followers on HP. I agree with Millionaire Tips, though, that you should participate in the HP community.
      It looks like more of your traffic would be from Google searches, so as long as you watch your keywords to make sure you aren't up against high competition, you should attract readers.

2. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Write good hubs and the followers will come! It takes time. Many people are selective in whom they follow. For me to follow a person, even if they have followed me, I need to be interested in the material they are publishing. The reason for this is my main feed would be flooded with material I am not interested in and take much more time to work my way through it.

As mentioned in other responses here, Google is the key traffic source that we all want, as that is the source of income. smile  Don't put much weight on how many followers you have or don't have.  But, as mentioned as well, participation in the community will generate an interest in you and your hubs, therefore producing additional followers.

3. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

A really good, flaming, barn-storming, foot-stomping, desk-pounding, chair-throwing, kick-assing forum rant can do wonders... big_smile

4. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

People who have lots of followers write things that other site users want to read.  Writing for the in-house audience can increase your followers, but writing for a search engine audience tends to increase traffic and earnings much more.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

Followers are great, since they get a chance to see your hubs on their home page when you post them.  But it is really the Google traffic that will get you money, so I would focus on writing quality hubs instead of getting more followers.  But when you do have some spare time, it certainly doesn't hurt to participate in the community.

To get followers, you have to write quality hubs about topics people want to read.

You can help them find you by posting in the forums, like you've done here, asking questions, and most importantly, supporting Hubbers by reading and commenting on their hubs.

Also, you want to make sure you give people time to find you and develop an interest.

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago

H, Jamie - welcome to the site, from one new Hubber to another!  I agree that your hubs seem to have a tight niche, but they are engaging and you pick great photos!  Many people may not know what some of the terms in the titles mean.  Social networking should help you, and (as mentioned) being active here will help. 

I read one of your hubs and shared it - hope that draws some readers for you!  Best of luck!